Coffee - Your Current Brew

Mr. Coffee DW13 and Yuban.

201140-coffeemakers-mrcoffee-dw13.jpg

51U7snqdtnL.jpg

at the moment.. I was going through some temple coffee from sacramento using a pour over method.. however though, in the summer. i do cold press of the kirkland coffee.. for $10 dollars and 2 lbs of it.. is hard to beat..

Just tried this...

P1010396.jpg

Not bad, although somewhat on the lighter side. Will have to increase the dosage a bit to achieve the strength that I'm used to.

Just worked through a bag of Cafeto, pretty tasty with a lot of oil in the beans. Bought a bag of Portland Roasting and was less than pleased for $11, beans were too dry and it didn't grind very well. Bought a bag of kicking horse 454, a Canadian brew, and it's pretty tasty.

starbucks house blend whole bean. ground just prior to brewing. using a regular drip for the house blend. the starbucks french roast really shines in a french press. (starbucks is the only whole bean coffee available at the local store)

This is the smoothest instant coffee I've ever had. Made in Japan. I can drink it black that's how smooth it is.
35a4005.jpg

I highly recommend these craft roasters from Madison, WI, JBC Roasters.

2ic09ll.jpg

Trying this right now. Not bad, but the grind is a little too coarse for espresso. Will have to try their espresso blend next time...

DSC_6746.jpg

Last few weeks making Cappuccino with Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf Italian Roast, the grind is a little too coarse for espresso so I grind it finer and it is okay.

Not as good as Lavazza or Alessi, but at $2.99 for 12 oz bag to make 30 cups Cappuccino (about 10 cents a cup) I'm not complaining.

Originally Posted By: GenSan
This is the smoothest instant coffee I've ever had. Made in Japan. I can drink it black that's how smooth it is.
35a4005.jpg

2ic09ll.jpg

Where can I get that Nescafe?

They only have the regular Nescafe Gold Blend which tastes smooth also. I will keep checking if they offer it in the future.

Originally Posted By: kozanoglu
Originally Posted By: GenSan
35a4005.jpg

2ic09ll.jpg

Where can I get that Nescafe?

Try some Asian Markets as well. My wife is Asian & we find/get things there you typically cannot find at traditional markets.
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: Turk
Try some Asian Markets as well. My wife is Asian & we find/get things there you typically cannot find at traditional markets.
smile.gif

And similarly, some Euro delis also carry various coffee that you'll never find in a traditional grocery store.

kozanoglu, you being in Milwaukee, you might look into some German or Polish delis in your area.

Hoping I can re-start my coffee roasting hobby. I have green beans from Sweet Maria's, but I mostly get roasted beans from Hope Coffee (Dallas) these days. Brewing either in a Clever Coffee Dripper or a moka pot.

Thanks for the suggestions Turk, Quattro Pete.
I can get Jacobs Kronung,Nescafé Gold etc locally but this President variety I see here the first time. It is not sold in Europe I do not think. Must be a Japan only variety. Even the weight is non standard.

Back