puro classic filter w synthetic oil?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A classic filter and synthetic oil will be fine. Better options for the price though IMO. The Fram TG would fit your needs just fine if ran for 2 OCIs and it would be slightly cheaper. If you have cardboard end cap phobia, get the Ultra.

I agree 4000 on the synthetic is a tad wasteful, but I can't say too much. I run 5000 mile OCIs in my parents vehicles with synthetic per the OLM. If what you're doing is working, keep doing it. Just be open to suggestions here. *It will save you money.

Last edited:
For 4k mile changes you are really just spending way too much on oil that will go 12-15k
If you want to do 4k changes just use a quality dino and I would suggest getting a different filter since Pur are having quality issues now
There are alot of filters out there for less than 5 bucks
The main reason for using syn oil is so you can run it longer not because it protects any better

What you really need to do is change your thinking and extend your OCI to at least 7500. Use a Fram Ultra filter through two OCI's (2x7500=15,000).

You will use the oil to near is maximum....and save time and $$$ as well. Using a synthetic for 4K is wasting a good oil and our natural resources.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back