Anyone know anything about Amalie?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amalie just purchased the naming rights to the arena of my favorite team. So it prompted me to check them out and was wondering if anyone has in experience with them? I thought I might try them for a few fills if I can get the oil at the right price. Thinking about the 10w-40 syn blend because their dino does not meet the correct specs for my truck.

http://www.amalie.com/Heavy-Duty-Diesel/...HD%20Diesel.pdf

Amalie and Oilzum both had a very good names years ago. You don't hear much about them today.
I would probably give it a try, just based on their previous rep and the fact you don't read any horror stories about them.

Amalie is an old name,but the company has changed hands 4 times.Sonnaborn family to Whitco to Sun Oil to Petroleum Packaging out of Tampa Florida.Also own the Wolfs Head brand.Blend for some major names too.The tests of their own oils look pretty average.Not up to PYB or PP/PU level.

Many of the oils a lot of you rave about probably came out of the Amalie plant. They blend oil for Valvoline, Shell Rotella, etc... and many of the private label brands in fact are Amalie. Parts Plus uses Amalie and Valvoline. Says so on the back of the bottle. Amalie has been concentrating on a different aspect of the business than promoting the actual AMALIE brand, but that is changing. Hopefully you will soon be seeing it on the store shelves outside the Tampa Florida area where they are.

And as far as Amalie's quality....I've used it exclusively in many vehicles for many miles and many years. Nope they are not the Amalie they used to be. They are better..(better than it has to be
smile.gif
) I'd put Amalie up against any brand out there. You can buy it at: Amaliestore.com . Free shipping. Pricing is very competitive.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back