Advanced Auto cancelled my order

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last night I ordered a ScanGauge II and used the 40% off coupon code and also received free shipping. The order was placed no problem. I got an email today from PayPal that Advanced Auto had cancelled the transaction. I also got an email from Advanced Auto stating I had cancelled the order. So, slightly confused I did an online chat session with Advanced Auto...

I got tired of waiting and ended the chat session. I think they cancelled my order because it was too good of a deal. But then again they let people use the big $$$ codes on batteries that cost just as much. I will be trying again in a few weeks.

Thank you for choosing Advance Auto Parts. A representative will be with you shortly. Thank you for holding.

Thank you for chatting with Advance Auto Parts and Batteries. You are now chatting with Josh. How may I assist you today?

Josh: Hello! How may I help you today?

04SE: Hello, I placed order #XXXXXXXX yesterday and I received an email today stating my order had been cancelled per my request. I did not cancel my order. Why was it cancelled?

Josh: I understand your request. I'll do my best to help you out today.

Josh: I was checking and the order was cancelled because the part is out of stock.

04SE: Is there an anticipated date when it will be in stock?

Josh: Our parts are usually restocked in 2 to 3 weeks.

04SE: Can I order it and pick it up at a store that has it in stock?

Josh: Yes, I was checking and the store in 1112 E ELDORADO STREET DECATUR, IL 62521-1918 has it in stock. I can help you set up that order.

Josh: If you search 10206633, it will take you directly to the part you ordered.

04SE: Decatur is an hour drive from me, I will just wait for it to be in stock on the website. Thanks, Josh!

Josh: If you do purchase it for pick up with me, I can give you a good discount on it.

04SE: Better than the 40% coupon & free shipping I already had?

Josh: We have just a bit more research to do. Thanks for hanging in there!

Josh: I'll be with you shortly. I'm verifying we have the right answer for you.

Josh: Let me check.

Hmmm Was going to pull the trigger on another one, But this makes me wonder.

I think there was a Paypal glitch last night. I ordered something on ebay as normal and got a "cancelled transaction" page wanting to know why I had cancelled the transaction. I hadn't, I was just using normal check out. Weird.

I just waited a little while to make sure I hadn't actually been charged than repurchased again without issue, everything normal. I think Paypal had an issue last night as that has never happened to me before.

I tried to order something on eBay late last night and it took three tries to get onto PayPal to pay. I was also nervous that I didn't get charged three times.

I hope we don't hear about any hacking issues...

I just ordered a Walker stainless steel muffler for my truck. It was a $135 pre discount code. I tried to use the 40% discount code but I was after the first 1000 people who could use it. They allowed me the 30% discount code for the second thousand people and I still got free shipping. I put it on my Visa card and got it 2 days later. In the end it cost me $101 with NJ tax. My mechanic said that was a good deal for that muffler. So far I've been pleased with my dealing with Advance over the years.

Whimsey

I bet it's some kind of phishing scheme because there is no mention of the actual store- Advance Auto. There is no Advanced Auto.
grin.gif

Something seems odd about this...seems almost like a glitch, except for the chat rep saying it was "out of stock." Restocked in 2-3 weeks? At what Advance is that? Antarctica? Stores around here get a distribution center delivery at least once a week, if not twice, and there are multiple daily runs between stores done by an outside contractor (Pace Logistics) as well as Advance drivers.

The "PDQ" (parts delivered quickly) system usually is pretty quick and automated. Store to store transfers are easy at Advance. Usually getting a part from a store an hour away sent to your local store is a same day thing.

Makes no sense to me. When I worked there, we had Scangauges collecting dust. Try calling customer service rather than the chat feature. Also, see if your local store can transfer the Scangauge in, then you order it online to get the discount. Online discounts can't be matched in store. Got to go through the website.

My only guess here is that you were having it shipped to your door, and the PDC that would handle the order was out of the Scangauges, which is unlikely. Even then, 2-3 weeks makes no sense unless they are planning to stop carrying the Scangauges and their stock is getting low...and even then, I'm kind of perplexed by this.

Last edited:
I purchased my advance auto battery silver 40% off online coupon, ebates 5%, and my citibank thank you rewards card.

this was last year. it was a great deal, I think I paid 60 bucks including taxes for a 7 year battery.

any of you online shoppers should use ebates.com or mrrebate.com.
advance auto has 5.5% cash back right now on ebates.com

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back