Primewell Valera Touring

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a set of Primewells that came on the Focus as new tires.
They aren't great winter tires, but they did get me through the awful winter we had last year without incident.
For the price, I'd say that you'd be getting your money's worth.
Just don't expect the performance of a name brand tire.

Originally Posted By: fdcg27
I have a set of Primewells that came on the Focus as new tires.
They aren't great winter tires, but they did get me through the awful winter we had last year without incident.
For the price, I'd say that you'd be getting your money's worth.
Just don't expect the performance of a name brand tire.

Thanks, they are going on the Sable in my sig. it has 168K on the clock. It needs new shoes and ran across these. Michelin X Radials are on there now, just cant see putting the Defenders on this car.

Last edited:
What size? 205-65-15 or 215-60-16? I think we can find something in a better known/rated brand name tire that will perform more satisfactory for your needs especially since winter is approaching.

Those Valera don't look as though there are enough/any sipes for winter traction...or for stopping! Though, you may have to buy online with a local install. Is this an option for you(buying online)?

Originally Posted By: GreeCguy
I've got a set of Primewells on my daughter's van. For the price, I've been very happy with them.

Keep in mind that the OP lives in OHIO and is speaking of the Primewell Valera's specifically.

Originally Posted By: Char Baby
I've got a set of Primewells on my daughter's van. For the price, I've been very happy with them.

Keep in mind that the OP lives in OHIO and is speaking of the Primewell Valera's specifically.

Ah - yes, we don't have to deal with the white stuff in these parts. Hadn't had my coffee yet
smile.gif

I live in the KCMO area.
smile.gif

the size is 205-65-15. I measured the tread depth last night, fronts are 4-5/32 rears are 6/32. We do get blasted by snow storms.
Sams Club has BFG for $82, also has the DEfender for $112 and a instant rebate of $70 bucks. Good year has the Integrity there plus a %80 rebate on 4 tires.
At those tread depths I may not even need tires.
confused.gif

Originally Posted By: chiefsfan1

I live in the KCMO area.
smile.gif

the size is 205-65-15. I measured the tread depth last night, fronts are 4-5/32 rears are 6/32. We do get blasted by snow storms.
Sams Club has BFG for $82, also has the DEfender for $112 and a instant rebate of $70 bucks. Good year has the Integrity there plus a %80 rebate on 4 tires.
confused.gif

My apologies! When I scrolled upward to see where the OP is from, I didn't go far enough. My bad, please forgive me! I mistook fdcg27 as being the OP.
frown.gif

I live in the KCMO area.
smile.gif

confused.gif

My apologies! When I scrolled upward to see where the OP is from, I didn't go far enough. My bad, please forgive me! I mistook fdcg27 as being the OP.
frown.gif

No worries! taking another look at the tires today, snow is about to fall today but may go poof. weather prophets are already backing down on totals.

We were out doing weekend shopping and errands today and we hapended to park next to a Chevy Express wearing Primwell Valeras.
These look as though they might be pretty decent in snow, with an agressive tread pattern and plenty of voided area.
At forty five bucks a tire, I'd be tempted.

Originally Posted By: fdcg27
We were out doing weekend shopping and errands today and we hapended to park next to a Chevy Express wearing Primwell Valeras.
These look as though they might be pretty decent in snow, with an agressive tread pattern and plenty of voided area.
At forty five bucks a tire, I'd be tempted.

yeah, less than $200 for 4 tires. trying to insert a picture.
flickr
Snow went poof, it went north west of here.

Last edited:
update, looks like Primewells are Bridgestone owned.
http://www.primewelltires.com/legal-notice/

Still looking.

Primewell is a division of Giti Tire, a company headquartered in Singapore. Giti is the same corporation that owns Runway, Dextero, GT Radial, et al.

I do not believe they have any affiliation with Bridgestone. They probably just "borrowed" Bridgestone's T's and C's for their own website. The company I work for has had this happen as well, and the "borrowers" never bothered to do a find/replace for the company name.

Originally Posted By: ryster
update, looks like Primewells are Bridgestone owned.
http://www.primewelltires.com/legal-notice/

Still looking.

Primewell is a division of Giti Tire, a company headquartered in Singapore. Giti is the same corporation that owns Runway, Dextero, GT Radial, et al.

I do not believe they have any affiliation with Bridgestone. They probably just "borrowed" Bridgestone's T's and C's for their own website. The company I work for has had this happen as well, and the "borrowers" never bothered to do a find/replace for the company name.

Interesting. possible. still wary of them, some reviews say they are really noisy.

To me, the notice looks like the marketer of Primewell is Bridgestone, but the manufacturer and owner of the Primewell brand is Giti Tire. The very bottom of the legal page says:

Quote:

Primewell is a registered trademark of Giti Tire Pte. Ltd. Incorporated.

Originally Posted By: weebl
To me, the notice looks like the marketer of Primewell is Bridgestone, but the manufacturer and owner of the Primewell brand is Giti Tire. The very bottom of the legal page says:

Quote:

You're not the only who thought Primewell is owned/made by Bridgestone. Even some workers at the Firestone repair shops believed they're made by Bridgestone. The information about Primewells aren't well published. I try to pass this info about how Primewell is designed and made by GITI onto a couple other forums.

OP, They aren't bad tires, but they aren't good tire. Okay for basic driving but nothing more. I had a set of Primewell PS380 on a minivan and it did well. Okay noise and stayed balanced. However, I could don't anything with a set of PS380 on my car. If I even try to push my car around a corner in the wet, it will slide. But the Primewell Valera may be different from what I have experience with Primewell.

Originally Posted By: MNL
Originally Posted By: weebl

Quote:

You're not the only who thought Primewell is owned/made by Bridgestone. Even some workers at the Firestone repair shops believed they're made by Bridgestone. The information about Primewells aren't well published. I try to pass this info about how Primewell is designed and made by GITI onto a couple other forums.

OP, They aren't bad tires, but they aren't good tire. Okay for basic driving but nothing more. I had a set of Primewell PS380 on a minivan and it did well. Okay noise and stayed balanced. However, I could don't anything with a set of PS380 on my car. If I even try to push my car around a corner in the wet, it will slide. But the Primewell Valera may be different from what I have experience with Primewell.

I have that tire on the Camry, dealer put them on after I bought it. They are OK on dry roads but are loud. but in the rain they slip at take off. afraid of how they will handle snow.
Like you said, Giti makes this tire and the GT Radial at DT. My guess is that Bridgestone has Giti makes this tire with that name.

I'd rather see people running around on new Sumitomos and Primewell than bald Michelins.

A lot of people here do not share that thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back