Why is PU so difficult to find?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone wondered why this oil is so difficult to find? I mean, Pennzoil throws all this hype out about this oil that is the best thing since sliced bread (so they say) and will clean your engine, and keep it that way better than any other oil (so they say) then your like OH YEAH I GOT HAVE SOME OF THAT in my 72 Ford Pinto sports wagon right???

Then you go to the store, none on the shelves, Wallyworld, Pep Boys, Autozone, No one has it. You asked the guy at the counter, have any PU? Nope. Know when you will get some? Nope.

I check oil places online like Matrix Oil Supply, "OUT OF STOCK OF PU AND WILL BE OUT TILL FURTHER NOTICE" mmmmmm ok.

So why advertise an oil that no one can buy? Sure you can buy 2 yr old oil off of Amazon, but I am talking the new bottled and new formulation stuff. Its no where to be found?

I dont get it, That is poor business in my book. Pennsoil supposedly oil from Pennsylvania cant sell their oil to you because Qatar or wherever cant make the Purebase oil quick enough for demand. mmmmmmm Nice.

Pennsoil, You S U C K.

Just me ranting, anyone else feel the same way?

Jeff

Not where I live. No where to be found. So you can go to your local Walmart and find lets say PU Euro 5w40 on the shelf? I cant. They have ZERO PU within 100 miles of where I live.

Jeff

Not really a help for you, but just wanted to say how in different markets different things are easy or hard to find.

I literally can (and do) buy Shell Ultra in pretty much any supermarket where I'm getting my groceries. And for cheap.

M1 on another hand you cannot find almost anywhere, and even if you find it price is double of what you would pay for Shell product.

Originally Posted By: Jeffs2006EvoIX
So you can go to your local Walmart and find lets say PU Euro 5w40 on the shelf?

Just FYI, but PU 5w-40 has been discontinued. The new oil is now PP Euro 5w-40, nowhere yet to be found as well.
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Originally Posted By: Jeffs2006EvoIX
So you can go to your local Walmart and find lets say PU Euro 5w40 on the shelf?

Just FYI, but PU 5w-40 has been discontinued. The new oil is now PP Euro 5w-40, nowhere yet to be found as well.
smile.gif

Right QP? What the heck huh? Funny how some can find this product but not M1, but here where I live M1 can be found at the local Dollar Store (joking) I mean you know the guys on the corner selling roses? They sell M1 like that where I am (joking) but mention PU or PP Euro and they are like
21.gif

I just dont get it.

Jeff

Pennzoil's Euro grades have always been difficult to find at local stores. Only recently did places like AZ, AAP, and PB started carrying them. It's either that or on-line. It doesn't sound like SOPUS thinks the Euro grades will generate huge sales at Walmart. They'd rather stock Walmart shelves with PYB that sells in large quantities.

Originally Posted By: KGMtech
I thought the Platinum - Natural Gas product replaced PU?

It did, I just failed to post the new for this year name, then next year it will be called something else.

Thanks Pennzoil...haha

I cant keep up with this company.
21.gif

Wouldn't mind trying this oil again, just for shizzles and giggles, but then I remember why I stopped using it to begin with. I CANT FIND IT haha.

Jeff

Dude, It's probably known to the State of Kalifornia to cause cancer so they can't sell it.

Originally Posted By: loneryder
Dude, It's probably known to the State of Kalifornia to cause cancer so they can't sell it.

crackmeup2.gif

Now that is Believable!! haha

Jeff

Originally Posted By: BMWTurboDzl
The dork in me can't wait to see if PU will be available at BMW dealerships. giddy with anticipation.

Very True, beginning what in 2015? Thing is, closest BMW stealership is about 70 miles away, right next to the closest VW dealer
06.gif
bummer.

Jeff

Last edited:
5W-40 in stock on Amazon for 32/38. Can't remember it being this cheap ever before, and you don't even need to go to the store.

From a marketing perspective, Pennzoil is like the honey badger; they don't give a [censored].

They're #1.

They will get the new Ultra on the shelf there in Cali sometime and you, or someone like you, will buy it all up.

Advance and autozone both have the 5w-40 In stock here. I took advantage of the advance rebate deal offered In recent months and have ten quarts sitting in the stash to run in the LGT.

Originally Posted By: vinu_neuro
5W-40 in stock on Amazon for 32/38. Can't remember it being this cheap ever before, and you don't even need to go to the store.

I get my PU Euro 5w40 from Amazon. Subscribe and save deal with free shipping $33.29 for six quarts. I get the order every six months no issues. I suppose the product will change to PP Euro 5w40 when the stock of PU Euro is depleted. $5.55 a quart is much better than the $9/$7 a quart at the FLAPS. See the link below:

Amazon Pennzoil Euro 5w40

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back