H9 bulb to H11 bulb Wiring Harness

Status
Not open for further replies.
The 2014 Honda Accord has low beam projectors with H11 bulbs.

I did some searching and like to replace H11 with H9. H9 bulbs has a taps in the connector while H11 has only 1 tap, instead of remove second tap I would like to buy a couple harness so that I can plug H9 to it then plug it to the OEM H11 harness. There are some sellers on Amazon and eBay has H8/H9/H11 harness, but the female connector shows that it doesn't fit H9 bulb.

My question is, is there H9 to H11 harness available ?

Last edited:
Since some trim of the top metal lug of the H9 bulb to make it fits into the H11 projector, trim the top plastic tap inside the female connector of the H9 bulbs is not too time consuming, I don't think an extra harness is needed. Also, I agree with Gomes that the extra harness with result more voltage drop at the bulb which is what I don't like.

H9toH11_2.jpg

Does your projector require trimming of the metal tab? I trimmed mine only to find out that both the Subaru wagon and Toyota pickup will fit the bulb without trimming of the metal tab. I should have test fitted before wasting my time.

I don't know because my order of H9 bulbs from Amazon didn't arrived yet.

Thank you for suggestion of test fit the H9 bulb into the 2014 Accord projector. I will sure do it before attempting to trim the metal tab.

A_A_G, which tool did you use to remove the extra plastic tap inside the bulb connector ?

I have a regular size tin snip and it is too big to cut the extra plastic tap inside the bulb connector.

I bought "Cousin Flush Cutters" at local Walmart in the jewelry section. I cut the extra taps very easy and quick, I cut 2 taps in 2 H9 bulbs in less than 30 seconds, $5 for the tool is worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back