Battery Replaced

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank goodness for 36 month free replacement on my battery.

I bought the AutoCraft Gold at AAP 12/2011 and it was a little slow starting on Tuesday. I took it in today and it tested bad. Replaced on the spot. My only cost was the 30 minutes in the store.

I think I bought it on one of the $30 off $100 purchase deals a while back.

I hate to have to replace a battery after 35 months, but am glad it was covered.

I've put a reminder in my car maintenance tracking app to test my battery on it's install anniversary.

Originally Posted By: Eddie
The second battery does not restart a new warranty. ed

They said they do two replacements. But even if the next isn't replaced in the next 36 months, it sure beats being stuck with a dying battery.

They do two replacements within the original warranty period. So you have a 36 month warranty from the original purchase date on either of the two batteries AFAIK.

IE: if you have 1 battery fail within 1 year, and the second fail within another year you have used up your warranty even though its only been 2 years...

Yep, I went online and found the warranty.

I'd have to think it would last longer than a month. I guess there is no pro-rate period like the Wal*Mart batteries.

Originally Posted By: 901Memphis
They do two replacements within the original warranty period. So you have a 36 month warranty from the original purchase date on either of the two batteries AFAIK.

IE: if you have 1 battery fail within 1 year, and the second fail within another year you have used up your warranty even though its only been 2 years...

I buy from advance or auto zone because of the warranty and we spend a lot in those stores. If it was a die hard you would have been beat!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back