'09 Traverse No Heat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
It's probably a blend door actuator. I had to replace mine one time, but it was a piece-a-cake because it was right behind the glove box.

It may the the blend door for no heat but where is the coolant going?

Originally Posted By: jayg
It's probably a blend door actuator. I had to replace mine one time, but it was a piece-a-cake because it was right behind the glove box.

Exactly. I need to check the water pump myself more closely. Dealer said it wasn't leaking.

If not, I need to have it checked for a head gasket leak or something.

It's obviously losing coolant which is causing air pockets in the cooling system. We had the same issue on our 2007 Impala (loss of coolant and intermittent heat), albeit with a different engine, but same symptoms. Turned out the head gaskets, water pump, and water crossover gaskets were all leaking which is common on earlier GM 3.5L V-6s.

A small coolant leak isn't gonna affect the heater's ability to provide heat.

A quick way to test that blend door is to put the A/C on Vent and move the Temperature to red. If it blows cold air in the red the same as it does in the blue, there's a good possibility the blend door for the heater isn't opening.

[font:Verdana]A small coolant leak isn't gonna affect the heater's ability to provide heat.

On many cars it will because air pockets form in the heater core.

Originally Posted By: Drew99GT
Check this out:

http://www.traverseforum.com/index.php?topic=3315.0

Thanks. Mine doesn't have driver and pass controls. But looks like there are similar issues.

Why do I have more confidence in my '04 Pontiac Vibe with 220k miles on it then I do with this Traverse with only 50k?
crazy.gif

Originally Posted By: Drew99GT

[font:Verdana]A small coolant leak isn't gonna affect the heater's ability to provide heat.

On many cars it will because air pockets form in the heater core.

I think you may be right. After filling the overflow, and allowing it to cool down, I guess the fluid was drawn back into the radiator allowing it to blow hot air again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back