Crazy Rotella T5 question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: gfh77665
Originally Posted By: CDX825
Rotella has a distinct smell. In comparisons to other oils its very strong to me. Its one that if you never used it before it might throw you off for a second.

That, along with the earlier post from dustyroades sealed the deal for me. I am convinced now that RT5 simply has a stronger distinct smell that the average PCMO does not. It was not my imagination, it was just something I was not familiar with.

Again, thank you all for the comments and for humoring my "crazy" question. I appreciate all you guys here on BITOG!

Hey, we're just a bunch of oil aficionados making random comments ...something not suggested is to go open the same oil at a store and have a sniff to compare LOL.

Last edited:
I use "Rosmella" in both my Kubota, and in my Dodge/Cummins 3500 pickup. Yeah, it does have a very distinct odor, but has always given me good OCI reports, and good UOA reports. I do live in the desert southwest, and we need to use good oils, as they get so polluted with silicon, and are subjected to high temps daily.

Originally Posted By: gfh77665
Its funny how ingrained learned habits can be. I am not a hoarder by any means. My home and garage is neat, clean, and has zero clutter. However, my parents were depression era kids, and they taught me the "never waste anything" lifestyle.

This has nothing to do with money. I can afford any oil on the market with ease. Still, I hate to see a good product tossed out if it is indeed useable. I appreciate all of your comments. I really do believe the RT5 is OK, at least for my sons car, LOL.
My parents were the same and it is a good thing.

Quote:
I use "Rosmella" in both my Kubota, and in my Dodge/Cummins 3500 pickup.

Better it smells like that than Grotella

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back