Monument Point - Grand Canyon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Creation is beautiful isn't it. I went to the Grand Canyon about 7 years ago, pics don't do it justice.

The experience of The Grand Canyon is similar to that of Yosemite National Park in California, breathtaking and it looks fake, it really does!

Yes- very beautiful-been there a few times over the years. The last trip was in 'tourist season'-seeing the kids with their pent up energy jumping out of the cars and running around the edge of the south rim was scary=no barriers as the park service doesn't want to hinder 'the experience'. A ranger said some folks 'go over' every year and several killed on average

Originally Posted By: Nick1994
The experience of The Grand Canyon is similar to that of Yosemite National Park in California, breathtaking and it looks fake, it really does!

Yes, it is so large, it is hard to see enough detail so your eyes sometimes see it as fake. Last spring I hiked from the south rim, to the north rim, and back to the south rim in 3 days. An incredible experience, and it sure doesn't seem fake when you see it that up close! Amazing place.

I was just there in Oct. I hiked into Indian Gardens, than out on the plateau, it overlooks the river. Wish I had had more time I would have went down to the river.

Pictures don't do it justice. When I get home I will share some of mine.
My BIL and SIL have been volunteering there for the past 5 months.
Had a great time. It is now, by far, my most favorite NP.

In the first photo you can see the trail on the plateau I was talking about. It is accessed via the Bright Angel Trail.
cg1.jpg

gc2.jpg

This next Photo is 3 miles in and about 2500 feet down.
gc3.jpg

gc4.jpg

Originally Posted By: Lapham3
Yes- very beautiful-been there a few times over the years. The last trip was in 'tourist season'-seeing the kids with their pent up energy jumping out of the cars and running around the edge of the south rim was scary=no barriers as the park service doesn't want to hinder 'the experience'. A ranger said some folks 'go over' every year and several killed on average
It is called the Darwin thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back