Fram Ultra XG7317 Pixs - 12K Miles & 18 Months

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZeeOSix

$100 site donor 2022
Fram Ultra XG7317 ran on a 2004 Nissan Altima with ~63K miles. Oil for both OCIs was Mobil Super 5000, 5W-30. Engine is spotless inside.

Ran 2 X 6,000 mile OCIs for a total use of 12,077 miles from 5/3/13 to 11/8/14 (approx 18 months). Everything looked perfect inside.

Last photo is the paper towel "wick trick" to dry out the pleats. Will inspect again with dry pleats and take some more photos to post in a day or so.

Ultra1.jpg

Ultra2.jpg

Ultra3.jpg

Ultra4.jpg

Ultra6.jpg

Ultra5.jpg

Ultra7.jpg

Looks great! Doesn't even look like it has 12k on it. Thats why FRAM Ultra is one of the best filters you can get. According to FRAM it says it can go 15k, I have no doubt it would.

Originally Posted By: Bud_One
Looks great.
What's your driving normally consist of ? Mostly Hwy ?

This is my main commuter car ... 50 miles per day Mon-Fri. Mix of 40% city, 60% highway.

Clean engine + great filter then the OCI of conventional oil can be extended to 7-8k miles with no needed of any UOA and FCI of the Ultra can easily be 15-16k miles without worrying.

Looks impressive for having filtered oil for so many miles. Wish the filter were a little cheaper.

Originally Posted By: kozanoglu
Looks impressive for having filtered oil for so many miles. Wish the filter were a little cheaper.

Since I used it for 2 OCIs, the cost was basically $4.50 per OCI. Hard to beat that for a filter that is build well and performs great. Plus I saved myself the hassle of changing the filter on one OCI.

Looks GOOD..... also its DIRTY.... That tells me the filter is really trapping in the DIRT and SLUDGE and keeping it in the filter... ** The way it should be **

I think Fram Ultra is the best Oil filter you can buy atm...

Great price

Easy to find

And they work awesome and can actually save you $...

Thats the Same filter that my Honda Accord uses... the 7317

and I have used the Fram Ultra.... However now I have FILTECH HONDA A01s

However I will go back to FRAM ULTRA when my last one is gone.

I cant think of any other filter that can compare with FRAM ULTRA as far as price and easy to find and you get a hellofa filter for the $...

Im sure people would pay more $ for them.

I mean I go to Wallymart and I see Fram Ultra and above they have Bosche Distance Plus and they are 12$ and the Fram Ultra is like 8$

IMO the FRAM ULTRA is better....

personally I think its under priced and its great that FRAM is selling them for such a great deal.

I mean what TOP of the line Filter costs 8$ and is good as the Fram Ultra ???

I cant think of any.

Changing filter when changing oil became a habit difficult to break. If I can keep it on for 2 changes, yes, it pays.
In my neck of the woods ultra is 8.97.

Originally Posted By: kozanoglu

It's $8.97 at Walmart. Not bad at all.

Nice, thanks for cutting and posting. Ultra's can be had for about 7 bucks at AAP using on line codes, and frankly I think they are worth every penny of the 9 Wally's charges.

I am not an extended OCI/FCI kinda guy due to older cars and a warranty, but for those who do the Ultra is tough to beat.

Looks good. I have one off the GF's brothers car I have yet to cut open. It has a little over 10,000 IIRC.

Those look like Sparkle paper towels your using.

They are my favorites too.

Much better absorption than Bounty.

I'm glad we agree on something.

No seriously, good looking filter.

Originally Posted By: SilverC6
Those look like Sparkle paper towels your using.

They are my favorites too.

Much better absorption than Bounty.

I'm glad we agree on something.

No seriously, good looking filter.

They are Sparkle paper towels ... good eye.

Filter should be all dried out by now, so will take some photos of the element with all the oil wicked out of the media.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back