Getting older ram around car...need ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: crazyoildude
my friend just sold his in good condition 73 electra 4 door for $1000.00 dollars plus a new battery it is in good condition but the motor has low oil pressure it has been like that for years.
7 miles to the gallon when its tuned...lol
Not a lot of power if it was a 70 or 71 those had lots of power but in 73 they had no power
recurve the distributer,duel exhaust and steeper axle gearing really wakes em up. Low oil pressure is normal.3-4 psi hot idle is ok. In them

My fiancee bought a 94 Chevy Cavalier with 58,000 miles on it earlier this summer off of CL for $1,350 and it runs great. There are deals out there, you just have to keep your eyes out.

Wayne

yep, my son bought a cherry pickin' perfect 85 Lincoln Town Car for 1500 bucks! It's a real gem.

As stated above you must be willing to do the work to find the deals...

Originally Posted By: AdRock
Find a standard trans Nissan Hardbody like this...

I can vouch for that. If looking at Nissan Hardbody trucks, I recommend the 1994-1997 models; they have the most up-to-date interior layout. The 1993 looks much more dated (designed in the '80s). The KA24E engine, save for timing chain tensioners (which usually only create a lot of noise), is generally very durable. The 5-speed transmissions are also pretty durable. I had a '95 4x4. Manual transmission, manual transfer case, manual hubs, manual windows and locks. It was actually a great truck, one of my favorite vehicles of the many I've owned.

http://www.jnjhome.net/nissan/

You do have to watch for rust on them. The 3-piece bed is prone to rusting down the seams. The Pathfinders from that era also had frame rusting issues, but the Hardbodys didn't seem to have it as bad.

Old geo prisms. They have the same engine as the corolla of the same years. Got my daughter's Prizm for $1100, it runs like a champ and easier to wrench on. Drove it from CA to AZ and back average over 32 mpg.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back