Pennzoil growing in factory fills

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes Chrysler comes factory filled with Pennzoil,I'm switching back to it myself ,I've tried tgmo 0w20 on my Scion tC 2012 but felt the smoothness and even higher mpg with Pennzoil platinum 0w20.from everyone's talk of tgmo I'm currently running it cuz it's supposed to be for my engine,but sorry don't like the extra noise coming from my engine with this oil,
Pennzoil gave me in a daily basis 36mpg highway.
Tgmo gave me 32mpg ,to each his own I guess and I'll stick with the oil that makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside.pennzoil for me:)

Yup, Shell is now the contracted motor oil for BMW Grp world wide. BP (Castrol) soldiers on with VAG.

I originally thought,this has to be an old commercial cuz of the 5quart jug they showed which is the old Pennzoil bottle but then on the label said API/SN even extended drain on the label:)

Originally Posted By: Miller88
Chrysler and now BMW?

Don't new Chrysler products come with PYB?

Yes, but that was due to the pre-existing relationship FIAT had with SOPUS.

Auto correct hates me but I think u could decipher what I was trying to say your a smart guy.

Originally Posted By: skellyman
Oddly most of the PDS sheets show Royal Dutch Shell , not Pennzoil.

I see no oddness. Same thing. Pennzoil is Shell elsewhere. Pennzoil Ultra is Shell Helix Ultra outside the US. They keep the Pennzoil name maybe because they think Americans have a place in their heart for old Pennzoil.

Since I'm switching over to Pennzoil platinum 0w20 again, I no longer want or need the case of tgmo.anyone in the nyc area want to buy it for 50 bucks pm,not sure what all the hype was about it but a noiser engine with tgmo.

Chrysler used to be in bed with Mobil. Ford used to be in bed with BP. Now Mobil1 doesn't even meet Chrysler's spec.

Originally Posted By: kkreit01
Chrysler used to be in bed with Mobil. Ford used to be in bed with BP. Now Mobil1 doesn't even meet Chrysler's spec.

Disclaimer:
I'm certainly not a fan of Mobil however if m1 doesn't meet or exceed the chrysler spec I will eat my shirt.
We here all know that Exxon and chrysler had a falling out because Exxon refused to extend chrysler credit,and rightly so. It's a business and what business in their right mind gives a failing business a few million in product and just hopes they might get paid.
So this is chryslers way of getting even. It's just that simple.
And Mobil refuses to get certified to meet the Chrysler spec because they know their product will exceed the spec.
So yes I'm no Mobil fan but on this planet Mobil products meet or exceed every known oem spec.
That is all.

Originally Posted By: kkreit01

What clevy said. I doubt the Mobil 1 oil that was on caps of the previous SRT motors suddenly will seize your new (excellent) 3.6L Pentastar...

After a few decades of hauling production auto parts to OEM assembly plants, I relearned something that I was made aware of in the military. The product that gets used is the one that can be delivered in a timely manner, meet the basic specs, is lowest in quality control issues, and can be had at the best contract price, usually with some form of quid pro quo to confuse the process. So when I hear that SOPUS is the factory fill, I just chock it up to that they are the current pitcher in the bull pen, and nothing more. They just happen to win the contract on the last round of bidding. It may or may not be them on the next go around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back