DIY oil bypass

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am in the process of piecing together my own oil bypass system for my Dodge pick up.
I had some trouble locating a bypass head with 1"-16tpi on the filter head that is needed to run the EaBP100 filter but I managed to find one on ebay. It came with a few extra ports which was one of my requirements for a small oil pressure gauge and a needle valve for drawing a sample. It also came with about 10' of "oil and fuel approved" rubber hose. While using this would save me money I'm not sure it's the best route for a few reasons. First is reliability, being under the hood of a diesel engine pulling loads near max gcwr in 90* in the summer months seems like it may prematurely dry the hose and I'm not about installing anything that will decrease the reliability and add a potential problem while on the road. My second concern and question is, would rubber hose possibly skew a UOA by permeating trace amounts of silicon (or anything else)?
I'm thinking about having some hydraulic hose made with the proper length or possibly some braided stainless hose. SS tubing would look good and keep the engine bay nice and clean but I have concerns with all the vibrations possibly splitting the tubing over time, especially since my filter will be mounted to the fender well and the tubing would be tied into the engine. Any other suggestions on hoses that I haven't thought of?

Thanks in advance,

JR

Thank you for the link. I think I may go with the PTFE lined SS braided hose since it says it is fuel compatible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back