Broken Radiator Nipple

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was changing out my top radiator hose on my MPV and ended up taking a small chunk of plastic from the nipple (about the size of my pinky finger nail). I put everything back together, and so far so good, but I'm wondering whether I should worry.

He he, "nipple"....
48.gif

Sorry... Couldn't resist... We are on the internet afterall...

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: zzyzzx
We needs pics to better understand the situation.

I'd have to take it all apart again. I guess I'll wait and see what happens. See where the local radiator shop is.

As long as theres enough left to hold the hose you should be OK. Sounds like the plastic is getting brittle.

If so don't bother with replacing the tank,replace the whole rad

If the hose completely covers the chipped area, it's probably okay for now...though the plastic being that brittle would concern me.

I would keep an eye on it. Look at it frequently. There could be very small cracks in the plastic that aren't leaking yet, but may start to after repeated cycles of heating up and pressurizing.

Unfortunately, replacing the radiator on these vans is kind of a pain.

Originally Posted By: earlyre
He he, "nipple"....
48.gif

Sorry... Couldn't resist... We are on the internet afterall...
Years ago at work we had a parts girl and asking her for a radiator petcock made going to work worth it. She would repeat pet cock and just start laughing ,it was fun.

Originally Posted By: 01rangerxl
If the hose completely covers the chipped area, it's probably okay for now...though the plastic being that brittle would concern me.

I would keep an eye on it. Look at it frequently. There could be very small cracks in the plastic that aren't leaking yet, but may start to after repeated cycles of heating up and pressurizing.

Unfortunately, replacing the radiator on these vans is kind of a pain.

Yea, I think the bumper has to come off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back