oil for VW 2.0T FSI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Garak
Lubrizol is the one actually making the mention.

Yeah, I just went to look at it.
Low-SAPS is 0.6-0.8, while Mid is 0.8.
T6 cannot be called Low-SAPS or Mid-SAPS if you are using it in VW engines.

And that is the European equivalent of the CX-X API spec, so it's not exactly passenger car diesel stuff anyhow, at least for the most part. E9 is 1.0 and less, if I recall correctly, and modern Rotella and Delvac 1 formulations meet that.

I've been running Rotella T6 for the last year, along with a bottle of rislone every other. I've seen nothing but good things from this combo along with a Mobil 1 oil filter. Engines smoother and from inspection ALL the varnish is gone from under valve cover and have had zero sludge issues since the switch from Amsoil euroblend. I have ran Mobil 1 and believe it is good oil, but when you compare pricing Rotella T6 is the obvious win.

Originally Posted By: Mangano
I've been running Rotella T6 for the last year, along with a bottle of rislone every other. I've seen nothing but good things from this combo along with a Mobil 1 oil filter. Engines smoother and from inspection ALL the varnish is gone from under valve cover and have had zero sludge issues since the switch from Amsoil euroblend. I have ran Mobil 1 and believe it is good oil, but when you compare pricing Rotella T6 is the obvious win.

M1 is cheaper in Wal mart then T6.

Originally Posted By: edyvw

M1 is cheaper in Wal mart then T6.

And Castrol 0w-40 is even cheaper right now.

Mobil 1 is $8 a quart......5 qts of rotella T6 is under $30.

5qt jug of M1 0w-40: $25.17
5qt jug of Castrol 0w-40: $21.66

Mobil 1 is $8 a quart......5 qts of rotella T6 is under $30.

As quattro said, 5qt of M1 is $25, but I paid last time $21.88.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back