ValPar 0W-40 produced for Brandt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is a virgin sample of 0W-40, this was taken from a bulk tote through a dispensing reel.

oilresults_zpsa3cc8aa9.jpg

I was going to start burning this in my Cummins instead of Rotella T6 5w-40

Can't say I've ever heard of ValPar.
Is it a house brand oil made by another formulator?
Looks to be a decent HDEO.

BTW, the KV40 of 74.8cSt appears to be too low.
Probably a typo, more likely 84cSt. I guess there isn't a PDS for the oil to compare to?

Originally Posted By: CATERHAM
Can't say I've ever heard of ValPar.
Is it a house brand oil made by another formulator?
Looks to be a decent HDEO.

BTW, the KV40 of 74.8cSt appears to be too low.
Probably a typo, more likely 84cSt. I guess there isn't a PDS for the oil to compare to?

Its made for Brandt.ca, here is the data sheet

oil data

The PDS claims a KV100 of 13.5cSt vs 15.1cSt for this VOA so there is potentially a lot of product variability.

No extreme cold spec's or HTHSV provided but I would think it's a better choice to Shell RT6 5W-40 but perhaps not their 0W-40 for winter use.
That said since the price is right I'd give it a try.

I'm not due for another oil change until next year or when my 150hr interval comes up. I used the last of my T6 and didn't want to switch oils back and forth, so hopefully come the time I can updated with a UOA of this 0W-40 oil.

Originally Posted By: JasonJ
... hopefully come the time I can updated with a UOA of this 0W-40 oil.

That would be great, but Valpar is only available regionally, primarily out west, so if the UOA turns out spectacularly I'd have to get Garak to ship me some!

I'm even wondering out loud if all of the Brandt facilities would have it, or if they get different bulk stuff depending upon region and availability. I see one of Brandt's top dogs quite regularly, so maybe I'll ask him if I recall, and then he'll think I'm nuts. Oh well, he's a car nut, too, so maybe not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back