Mahle's Engine List

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got this link in my inbox today: Ward's Auto/Mahle North America Light Vehicle Engines List ; this link might work direct: pdf copy or perhaps even the Excel: Excel Looks like Excel requires some sort of login/registration.

Anyhow, it shows a listing of the major makers and their engine sizes, with bore/stroke, hp, etc. That is interesting but IMO the quantities for 2013 I thought might be more interesting. For example, nearly 1.2M of Chrysler's 3.6 Pentastar got made. That seems (at a glance) to be far away the most produced engine for last year.

Crud, just realized I forgot to put proper thread title on, it's Wards/Mahle's list, not Mahles! Doah!

Just looking at the engine that's in my CX-9, there's one figure listed for Mazda's production, but there are two other listings under Ford - one for the MKZ with the same 10.3 compression ratio as my engine, and another for the MKX engine with a 10.8 compression ratio. I'd have to guess that there are several other similar situations where production of identical engines is broken up into separate entries.

Thanks for this. The Pentastar replaced 7 engines in Chrysler's lineup, so you would expect they would make a lot of them, but 1.2 million? Wow. To put that in perspective, FiatChrysler's total engine output for 2013 was 2.3 million, so the Pentastar powers half of their entire output.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back