Whiteline Suspension Bushings

Status
Not open for further replies.
The inner rear bushing on my Prius's front lower control arms have some noticeable wear. Sloppy handling, some crunching noises, etc. I have been delaying replacement for quite some time because the Toyota-approved fix is to buy new lower control arms at $175/ea since the bushings are not sold separately.

A friend of mine that runs a Nissan/infiniti repair shop suggested that I look into Whiteline Suspension Bushings. He installs a ton of Whiteline bushings on the G35/350z compression rods for his clients and has received excellent feedback. In his opinion, at least from a handling and durability standpoint, he claims that the Whiteline bushings are far superior to the OE bushings.

Sure enough, Whiteline makes a bushing for my application. I guess they do not market their products enough since I never knew about them until now. I bought the inner front bushing set and the inner rear bushing set. Together, the total was $150...which is much better than the $350+ that I was looking at for new control arms.

I can't wait to get these installed and see how the car drives. I will keep you folks updated on my findings. Any personal experiences with Whiteline products?

Last edited:
Well thought of in Sub/WRX/STI world. I put a full set of Whiteline swaybars on the WRX, and natch they come with the bushings. At the same time I installed their front caster kit (more bushes), and some rear poly bushes in the driveline support and suspension. Took my WRX to a whole new level relative to stock.

Are they poly or rubber like the OEM?

My only concern re poly is increased road noise in exchange for the improved handling.

Keep us posted.

I have fully-replaced the front end of my 3 with Whiteline poly and it's great. It is louder but I'm so happy I don't care.

Whiteline seems to be a well respected company with a good product.

Something to be prepared for, as others have said, is an increase in NVH. You also might get some squeeking/creaking if they're not adequately lubricated, which means it may be another item that needs attention in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back