Automatic door lock getting slow to lock...

Status
Not open for further replies.
2006 Accord, rear drivers door lock is slow to lock/unlock using the keyless entry or drivers auto lock button...what would cause this? It has progressively gotten worse.

Worn or just plain seized... The driver side on my 91 BMW is intermittent - hard sometimes and stuck others. I need to fix it but its a time issue.

Just replace the actuator, clean any accessible contacts at the door interface, and you should be fine.

The only bummer in your situation is that it is happening on a "quality" car at such a young age.

Take the door panel off (easy) and lube up all the rods and joints for the door lock assembly. Should take less than 20 minutes. 1 beer job?

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
Worn or just plain seized....

The only bummer in your situation is that it is happening on a "quality" car at such a young age.

Huh, my wife's 09 Mercury is doing it!

John

Originally Posted By: John_K
Originally Posted By: JHZR2
Worn or just plain seized....

Huh, my wife's 09 Mercury is doing it!

John

He did say "quality"..... just kidding.... I have a high pitched squeak in my accord when the doors automatically lock as I start driving.

As mentioned above, worn actuators. You can either buy the entire actuator, or you can source the small DC electric motor and just replace that bit. I have done both, and it is a lot easier to replace the entire actuator and not worry about re-glueing the casing and ensuring it is watertight.

Check and make sure all the linkages are free in the door. The driver rear door on my CVLX has smoked its second replacement actuator in 2 years. I just replaced the actuators and obviously something is going on to fail them so fast.

Last edited:
The door lock actuators are a common problem on this car, you need to remove the door panel to replace it.

You may want to order the handle cable also, because the green plastic part has a tendency to break when you remove it

Originally Posted By: Nick1994
Take the door panel off (easy) and lube up all the rods and joints for the door lock assembly. Should take less than 20 minutes. 1 beer job?

This would be my guess as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back