2008 Accent Still Burning Oil After Rebuild

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: LittleRedAccent
Well, things just went from bad to worse. On Friday, I drove the Hyundai to Elk Grove, back down the Stockton, then out to Dublin for work, then back home, where it sat all day while I used my mom's car to get to work on Saturday. When I got home this early morning, about a half hour ago, I turned it on to clear whatever smoke would surely shoot out the tailpipe...

...and it didn't stop smoking. It revved abnormally high when I turned it over, shot the usual big plume, and then kept smoking the whole time it was on. I turned it off, then back on, and it was still smoking. I'm worried. Very worried. I want to take it to the dealer today, but I fear I'll be pulled over and ticketed for the excessive smoke. What should I do?
Drive it and keep the RPMs really high, hopefully the engine blows and they'll give you a brand new block too.

I would take it to the dealer and not worry about being pulled over. If you do get pulled over, be honest with the cop and tell him you're going to the dealer because of the smoke. Tell the cop he can even follow you if he doesn't believe you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back