Post your brake job pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since brakes are highly discussed as much as oil post your brake jobs here!

2001 Toyota Tundra. Power slot rotors (2nd time resurfaced) and Wagner TQ pads. Old pads were NAPA Adaptive One that lasted 4 years about 40,000mi.

y2OgF5G.jpg

fenUHWa.jpg

vHgremM.jpg

Im surprised they cut them for you. Usually they wont bc it breaks the bit or ruins the chamfering on the slots

awww man, I just did a brake job for a friend of mine and she had ran the pads down to bare metal, which quickly ruined one of the front rotors. It was an amazing sight but I trashed the old pads and rotors yesterday without thinking twice. Wish I would have taken some pics.

Will post pictures of my personal cars a bit later when I rotate the tires.

Is that a right side slotted rotor installed on the left side or have I been drinking too much?

Sometimes it doesnt matter, Im sure Powerslot mentions something. I know on Mercedes with sport package and drilled/slotted (drilled in same way as slots) rotors, they send 2 of the same rotors, so mercedes doesnt care which way they spin

And on another note, a friend brought his Mini by today bc of a grinding noise from the rear. Turns out he put the pad in backwards. Just one pad, and he did all 4. Amazing.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: yonyon
Is that a right side slotted rotor installed on the left side or have I been drinking too much?

Look at the direction of the exhaust header, its the right side.

Originally Posted By: asand1
Originally Posted By: yonyon

Look at the direction of the exhaust header, its the right side.

The steering rack and sway bar are on backwards.
grin.gif

This is on the Focus. Old rotor that could not be turned.

New rotor from O'Reilly's.

This is the first time the brakes have bee replaced on this car, 108K+ ain't half bad.

Last edited:
This is on the '09 Fusion with 28 or 29k miles. Reason for replacement was vibration while braking that worsened as the brakes heated up.
oldrotor.jpg

Chunks missing out of the pad.
oldpad.jpg

Raybestos Advanced gripped by Bendix CT3
newrotor.jpg

After a StopTech Burn in.
burnedin.jpg

2002 Chevy Silverado rear brakes. The NAPA Blue brake pads were dusting like crazy after a year after doing the rear with new rotors and upgraded rear calipers so I decided to get the rotors cut and install Wagner TQ's.

XbLLx8c.jpg

FbMO3ch.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back