04 accent issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok so I'm usually pretty good at figuring things out and fixing them on a car. But now I'm stuck. My aunt has a 2004 accent with the 1.6L 74k miles. Started having billowing white smoke. Ok coolant issue. Check radiator, oil, reservoir, all full and no mixture. Coolant pressure test showed no leakage. (Done at Firestone on that one) checked for moisture in fuel, injectors are clean, pressure regulator is working. All the wear and tear items checked for anything wrong. Only thing I haven't done is a pressure test on the cylinders but replaced all the plugs. Nothing out of the ordinary on the plugs. No contamination, detonation, excessive carbon build up. Misfire code still on, MIL flashing but misfire is only code. Engine running smooth, no loss of power. I'm sure I'm missing something. Please point me in the right direction.

I thought that at first, but the two times I've had that on a personal vehicle, I lost a lot of power. Maybe it was a case by case issue.

It's a single cylinder misfire, so I've thought of a check by unhooking the injector and seeing if the smoke stops. That's a true "shade tree" idea but it's almost pitch black outside and I'm trying to figure it out.

Yes,its different.It reads hydrocarbons/exhaust in the coolant.Head gaskets many times blow out and pressurize the cooling system.Not always though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back