Clean Windshield!

Status
Not open for further replies.
thats a VERY concentrated gallon of windshield wash.
typically you need a few ounces per gallon.
Don't put that in your washer resovoir, the ammonia will eat away at the rubber lines over time. (dry them out from the inside).

Add some lemon juice and it'll hide the ammonia odor too.

whats wrong with regular washer fluid?

For cleaning glass manually is another story...

Don't put Windex in the washer bottle. I did that once, it smears by the wipers, then 2-3 seconds later wipes clean as the smear dries.

It also ruined the washer nozzles because it bubbles up as its sucked in by the washer motor and clogged up and dried up in the nozzles.

That mix is likely to "burn" paint...be careful, very careful, with that...I'd recommend no more than 1 oz per gallon of any cleaning brew...or better....
...for those NOT worried about freezing mix...
For the thrifty among us, 1qt of actual autoglass wash ($2-3gal, I like RainX windshield mix) to 1 gallon of water...that $2-3 gallon should now last a couple of months...again, THIS is NOT for winter/sub 32°F/0°C use.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Newreet
Under no circumstances combine ammonia and bleach!!!

THIS!
From http://chemistry.about.com/od/toxicchemicals/a/Mixing-Bleach-And-Ammonia.htm

"Mixing bleach and ammonia is extremely dangerous, since toxic vapors will be produced. The primary toxic chemical formed by the reaction is chloramine vapor, with a potential for hydrazine formation."

Do not mix bleach with any other cleaner! There are many stories of people getting hurt, even killed by this!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back