mc syn blend

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems like stout stuff to me. Good value too. Haven't people been able to squeeze 10,000 miles out of it before?

Still good stuff. Majority of what I used for new 01 Civic back then (as shown in link), it was the most readily available and best priced 5w20 at WM for a long time.
http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2682213

Now though, lots of good 5w20's (and 0w20's) and it's price now is only a $1-2 less/5qt jug than full synthetic. Many full syn can be had for less on sale. In other words, not the value it was in the past.

I think that folks just go board! MC is still good oil
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: sayjac

Now though, lots of good 5w20's (and 0w20's) and it's price now is only a $1-2 less/5qt jug than full synthetic. Many full syn can be had for less on sale. In other words, not the value it was in the past.

Exactly.

MC blend is still a very good oil but it's not the bargain that it was and full syns. are very close to it in price.

I got 9770 out of my MC 5w20 run.
I was gonna wait till after 10k, but scheduling wouldn't let me get to it, so I'm 300 miles off.

The oils at the price points are more alike these days than not. Sometimes the costlier choices may not give much more if any return on the dollar .

About 3 years ago, MC jugs were a bargain at Walmart at about $12. Now that it's gone up, there are lots of other choices in its price range.

The problem I find with Phillips 66 refining is that its products are still hard to find. Whether it's Motorcraft, TropArtic, 76 or Kendall, the distribution network is pretty shabby unless you live near a major metropolitan area.

I run 5W-20 Motorcraft in my 2014 Mustang GT and run 5W-30 TropArtic in my 2 92 Cavaliers as well as in my fiancee's grandmother's 2008 Impala. I'm thinking of using it in my 1998 Chevy K1500. I would use it in the 1998 K3500 but it has a couple of oil leaks which Pennzoil HM stopped. Both of these oils are easy to find around here. I usually buy the TropArtic at Orshelin's for $1.99 a quart.

Wayne

All I run in my 2013 Mustang GT I have a friend that is a Ford tech has been for 25 years MC is all his Ford shop runs the MC part synthetic unless someone requests something ells. He has taken apart several motors that have used the MC for one reason or another and all that have not been abused by not changing the oil were in excellent condition real clean inside and that includes 10,000 mile OCI. He also owns several cars of different makes and the MC Part synthetic is all he runs and that's good enough for me.

When I was on holidays in the states a few months back, it was the only oil that I wanted to buy (have tried getting it in Oz but can't).

Proof ?

P6281336.jpg

We made it safely back through the Mojave in the Maxima.

Its my go to oil for my Ford vehicles. At full price I believe its a great deal but with the various big sales/rebates on some of the top line synthetics I have not purchased it in a while.

As folks said, the oil is still perfectly good, just the price has boosted a few dollars over the years.

Originally Posted By: used_0il
Who packages MC oil, the lowest bidder, a specific oil company
or do they mix it up and bottle in the basement?

Interesting comment about a product that has an excellent reputation on this forum and very good uoa's from what I've seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back