subaru forester 2.0 d engine oil problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a problem with engine oil in my forester 2010. It's diesel.
When I use c3 oil for example castrol edge professional LLIII as dealer recomands after 7000 km oil leak below oil filter and camshaft start to be loudly. Engine jerks when push or leave accelerator after engine is hot. When I use ACEA C2 for example total quartz ineo ecs engine jerks all the time but oil doesn't leak below oil filter. After 10000 camshaft is loudly. Engine jerks too similar to c3 but in c3 engine dosen't jerks when engine is cold. I conect this jerking with firepoint of oil. Castrol edge prof. LLIII is 202 C (ASTM D93). In my opinion when engine is hot viscosity of oil is too high and too much oil goes to combustion.Maybe that;s why it happens.
please help me to choose right motor oil for this engine
I've hard something about idemitsu kosan for example Zepro diesle DL-1. But typicaly c2 is not dl-1 and Zepro is very low viscosity. please help
leszek

Czesc!
You asked some difficult questions here. Hopefully someone knowledgeable will answer.

welcome2.gif

I hope somebody help me. Sorry if my English is not quite good as it should be.

Your English is fine and welcome. I can not add anything , I have never seen a Diesel forester.

Ok . maybe somebody help to choose motor oil . I decided to use ACEA C2.4 producers pay my attention: Motul, Millers, Valvoline and Shell. Witch one make best ACEA C2 engine oil. Each one is a good producer but maybe one make better ACEA C2 then other.
Maybe someone know such oil witch is synthetic and has low firepoint. It would help me much.

I drove a couple at work, and flicked through the manuals.

In Australia, it was 5W30, but don't recall them having an ACEA requirement...Lube manufacturers specify either C3 or C2 for their recommendations, so you should be fine with a major.

Welcome to the forum. For starters:

1. Did you check your oil pressure with a proper gauge?

2. What oil filter are you using?

3. Try a different oil filter with the same engine oil and take it up to 7.000 km to see if anything changes.

What is the oil requirement from the owners manual?

Get a used oil analysis.

Fuel dilution is thinning the oil viscosity out.

Change the oil and filter every <7000km.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back