Halloween Candy Faves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: UncleS2
Lotsa kids coming by? You can't go wrong with the little miniature candy bars & small bags of M&Ms, buy 'em by the bags full- and parents really appreciate the fact that each one is factory-wrapped. Sour-balls & similar hard candies usually go well too.

I remember when at some houses in our small town, they gave out home made popcorn balls & candied apples on a stick.
grin2.gif
They had several tables set up inside, *covered* with them. A very impressive sight when you're 8 years old!
crazy2.gif

PopRivit- back then, your house would have wound up covered in toilet paper, with well-soaped windows & screens. Happy Halloween!
wink.gif

We had a person that did those popcorn balls. Very good stuff!

Too bad today that anything homemade is generally discarded for fear of some sort of poisoning.

Yes...PopRivit would not have been looked on favorably by the kids or the parents. He means well....I think?!

Originally Posted By: splinter
Well I'm testing some Peanut M&Ms right now for quality and freshness.
smile.gif

We just get several variety packs to toss in the bowl so the youngsters can choose favorites themselves.

That happened to me too!

Went into Walmart a few weeks ago and couldn't find anything because they'd started stocking all the Halloween stuff.

I broke down and bought M&M's & Snickers instead.

Originally Posted By: andrewg
Need some ideas.

I've been out of the whole Trick or Treat kind of thing for years now from living in a very rural area with a very little trick or treaters. Recently moved into an extensive family community and expect a TON of kids to show up this year.

Question is.....what do kids these days REALLY like as far as candy goes? I remember when I was a kid the best homes used to give us kids whole Hershey bars! Used to love that every year and still remember it fondly.

Do kids still want chocolate??

Ideas...opinions...stories about you liked as a kid?

are you talking about the shivering hot moms?

Originally Posted By: Pop_Rivit
Do the kids a favor and at least consider something healthy, not the sugar laden, processed garbage that most people dole out.

My dentist lady hands out kiddie sized toothbrushes and kiddie toothpaste.

This is great....loads of good ideas.

A quick look on the internet shows one consistency among kids....Reese's is always in the top five or ten of favorite rated candies that they like.

Headed out the door in an hour or so to go get my stock of candy.

I was actually expecting you to show up ans say something like this.
Maybe I'll serve steamed broccoli?

LOL The kids would probably egg your house.

Originally Posted By: jeepman3071

LOL The kids would probably egg your house.

As long as they are from cage free, free ranging chickens, probably alright.

Do the kids a favor and at least consider something healthy, not the sugar laden, processed garbage that most people dole out.

"I cuss, you cuss, we all cuss, for asparagus!"

Originally Posted By: methusaleh

LoL...funny.

Originally Posted By: methusaleh

That's from an old Gary Larson Far Side cartoon.
tumblr_loqza4pueK1r09qfio1_1280.jpg

Maybe I'll just stop at the local diner and scoop up a bunch of sugar packets. And then hand them out for Halloween. "There you go kids, that's what you want? Something sweet? Here, have some sugar packets."

So Pops,
You going to spend another November 1st dragging out the power washer and getting all the egg off the side of your house?

Well....it went well for me. Passed out mostly chocolates (Hershey bars, Snickers, Twix)
along with Reeses, Skittles, Malted Milk Balls, caramels, chocolate covered mints, and Milk Duds.

Kids seemed happy....parents pleased. It was kinda nice seeing the really little ones all dressed up in full costumes.

One odd visit...my girlfriend answered the door (I was in the next room). The 'kids' sounded kind of old from when I heard the "trick or treat" spoken. After the door was closed I asked how old they were...as they sounded at least 16 or 17. She told me it was a couple that looked to be....30 years old!! What is WRONG with people? Oh well.

All in all it went well. Thanks for the advice to all those that gave it. To the negative jerks and health freaks? Get a life or keep your comments to yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back