Philips 9012 in '05 Corolla?

Status
Not open for further replies.
With the tab modification, will they work in this car?
Also, if so, what is the equivalent Philips for the high beams that would also fit the '05 Corolla? Is it the 9011? Does that also require the mod?
(Deer are on the move and are original OEM's are now like holding a small flashlight out the window....even with freshly prepped lenses.)
Finally, if these are the correct bulbs and I like them, will they fit the other Toyotas in my signature?

Yes, they will work great in your 2005 Corolla. The high beam version is the 9011, and it, too, requires a slight tab trim.

I wouldn't use them in your other Toyotas. They won't fit period in your '97 Camry (it uses 9003/HB2 bulbs). They will fit in your '95 Camry, but it uses headlamps with the optics in the front lens rather than the actual reflector (like your Corolla). In practice, glare control on this type of lens, that your '95 Camry has, is not as good as more modern headlamp designs and the HIR bulbs may produce too much glare in this application.

I just discovered that the AAP site shows they don't carry Philips bulbs...was hoping to use the discount code.
Where is the best place to buy these, or is everywhere about the same?

Originally Posted By: lukejo
I ju t discovered that the AAP site shows they don't carry Philips bulbs...was hoping to use the discount code.
Where is the best place to buy these, or is everywhere about the same?

Amazon. Search for Wagner 9012. 17.88 a piece (they are actually Phillips made in germany bulbs. The ones listed as philips are 23$ each..

Pep boys sells the philips bulbs you are looking for but they are far too expensive. Amazon has the best price by far.

Running the HIR bulbs in our Olds Aurora which is originally spec'd for 9006 low beams. HUGE improvement and very happy. As for the modifications it did require a tab trim, let me try to figure out how to upload the reference image I used.

One tip, though. Don't try to use just regular side cutters. Maybe a tiny cut off wheel or a hot cutter? Not sure. The dykes did work but ended up taking off more than was intended.

heres the pic.
x55s88.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back