Mazda Mx-5 2012,mazda oil synth 0w20 5683km

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry guys for the format I gave up changing it all the time its clear enough as it is I would think

This sample is there to prove my point stated on a previous post about the ridiculous oil change schedule written by Mazda.

This oil was put in my car in Oct 2013, then the car sit in the garage the whole winter and went back on the road in april 14 for 5683 km or if you prefer 3531 miles and has been changed again in Oct 14 So this oil is 1 year old and 3531 miles old.

Mazda require an oil change every 4 months or 8000 km....every 4 months !!! that in my book is ridiculous but hey I'm not a tribologist :)

So wearcheck Canada consider this oil serviceable and normal on all count :)

Code:

OIL Mazda syntetic 0w20
Km IN USE 5683km
Km ON Car 22500km
SAMPLE TAKEN 10/26/14

ALUMINUM 3.0
CHROMIUM 0.1
IRON 6.4
LEAD 0.2
TIN 0.2
MOLYBDENUM 75
NICKEL 0.1
SILVER 0
TITANIUM 0
POTASSIUM 0.1
BORE 212
SILICON 13
SODIUM 4.1
CALCIUM 2021
MAGNESIUM 9.6
PHOSPHORUS 720
ZINC 780
BARIUM 0.2
FUEL -2.0
GLYCOL, WATER 0.0
SUIT 0.0
SULFATION 47%
NITRATION 36%
SULFUR 2624
INSOLUBLES 0.4
WATER 0
V.I 140
OXYDATION 39%
AN 1.71
BN 2.65
COPPER 1.8
FLASHPOINT ºF 415
SUS VIS 210ºF 66.8
cSt @ 212ºF 7.2
cst @ 104 f 40.7

How can you tell if its the new or the old batch ? The bottle ? or a number on it, ?

This oil was bought in aug 13 at, please note im in canada

Originally Posted By: Baveux
This oil was put in my car in Oct 2013, then the car sit in the garage the whole winter and went back on the road in april 14 for 5683 km or if you prefer 3531 miles and has been changed again in Oct 14 So this oil is 1 year old and 3531 miles old.

Mazda require an oil change every 4 months or 8000 km....every 4 months !!! that in my book is ridiculous but hey I'm not a tribologist :)

I am wondering if inventory sitting at Mazda for more than 4 months get an oil change before delivering to customers.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Baveux

This sample is there to prove my point stated on a previous post about the ridiculous oil change schedule written by Mazda.

Yes, I am also doing about 5.500 kms "a year" (should I say, "by summer").

I have PP 5W-20 in the sump and I am debating if I will change the oil every two or three years (change at the end of the season).

I will do an UOA after two years and see if I can push it another year or not.

What type of driving do you have with yours? Short or long drives? Hard or cruising only? etc...

BADTLC, yes bought in quarts

PESCA, mostly long drive, spirited driving once and awhile, not afraid of high rev.

I've decided to go with what the UOA told me, I'll not go beyond the 8000km but i will certainly keep the oil in for a full year if I maintain the same type of driving. I cant understand their decision for a schedule like the one they want me to follow.

Planète Mazda (exit 23 of the 15) put Petro-Canada Supreme Synthetic 0W-20 (bulk in 45 gal drum) in my Mazda for its first oil change.

Then I did 11000 km on it and have no fear of my engine grenading because of the oil.

I'm now running Motomaster Formula 1 Synthetic 5W-20 left on my small stash and OEM Mazda filter.

Originally Posted By: asharris7
This can't be the new Mazda oil, Moly is too low

Canadian Mazda oil is very different from the US Mazda oil.

Here it is nothing more than re-bottled Petro-Canada Supreme Synthetic 0W-20.

It is an excellent oil, it just isn't a moly-loaded oil like the US-stuff is.

Petro-Canada focuses on oils with excellent cold-weather properties; hence this oil has much higher boron, which helps reduce cold-running wear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back