True Confessions

Status
Not open for further replies.
meme6823363871_zpsehmzdow6.jpg

I also don't fetch my 3/8 small beam torque wrench for drain plugs, because I can never find it, I don't always know the spec, and I'm already short on time.
I'm not as dedicated to this as I thought
....I'm a bad person
frown.gif

Originally Posted By: michaelluscher
meme6823363871_zpsehmzdow6.jpg

I also don't fetch my 3/8 small beam torque wrench for drain plugs, because I can never find it, I don't always know the spec, and I'm already short on time.
I'm not as dedicated to this as I thought
....I'm a bad person
frown.gif

Ditto. And I've never had a bad thing happen using those techniques.

BTW - a couple of your steeds in the stable remind me of some of my old cars. I had a 1995 Villager that ran about 250k miles with the VG30E engine; sold it and it's still seen running around town. Had a 1996 Taurus and also a second gen Taurus; both with 3.0L Vulcan. The older one had 260k miles on it when I gave it to my BIL; he drove it several years and then traded it, but it still ran well when he unloaded it.

Seeing the mileage you have currently on those cars makes me think you'll never, ever wear them out. Those engines are stalwarts and will run forever if you just use decent products on a "normal" routine. You're about 200k miles away from just getting them broken in! I speak from personal experience on both engines.
thumbsup2.gif

Last edited:
Its not just oil......it's the lifeblood of our engines.
Now that I have no more spin-on filters to fill up using the new oil to properly oil the gasket. I now presoak the cartridge filters in my special just right size glass.....It's a sickness........
I'm here too!!!

My 99 Dodge Grand Caravan has about .6 quarts used vegetable oil in the engine. Been there for maybe 3 months, long story, not going to get into it.

Originally Posted By: WobblyElvis
My 99 Dodge Grand Caravan has about .6 quarts used vegetable oil in the engine. Been there for maybe 3 months, long story, not going to get into it.

Winner. Thread over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back