Got terminated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Whimsey
Originally Posted By: BowNisPar
Sounds like it was a [censored] place to work for a long time, including excessive work load such that it was damaging your health and a miserable boss/HR rep.

Why did you stay so long?

In the early years Lowe's was a decent retail company to work for. I made decent money, the harder I worked the more I made. Yes, some of the managers were a'holes but because of the money and the fact I really enjoyed doing the design work I overlooked where I worked. In 2012 Lowe's took our incentive money away, I lost 20% of my pay and any opportunity to make any more money though hard work. I most likely would have lost another 20% of my pay in the near future due to the way they restructured the pay for the people hired before Feb 2012. They actually did me a favor in a strange sort of way. I feel better and look forward to rejoining the workforce doing what I enjoy and at a better place,

Whimsey

Makes sense... I'm glad to see you are staying positive! Best of luck to you

I worked retail at the corner drug store, a hardware store and the 5th Target store built during junior and senior high school. By the end I realized that I wouldn't care to do that as a career. However, I learned early a lot of good life and workplace skills that were valuable later on. The work place has grown more hostile in recent years, and that's too bad. I've always found that the 'best' people were found in the population of 'worker bees' around me and most of the true misfits (and worse) were found 'upstairs'-didn't really matter what kind of business. You likely have a nice work ethic and skills that would be better appreciated/rewarded in a smaller operation. Good luck!

Good to hear you have a positive attitude, and your not taking the negative advice spouted by the masses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back