2011 equinox P0011 code fixed.

My wife's equinox was loud at startup, a little rumbling at idle, and hesitant off the line. Finally it threw a code. P0011. Then itwould stall off the line. I was reading equinox forums and read that many people were having problems with the cam actuator solenoids. Mostly the intake one. People were getting the cars serviced and chevy was putting in solenoids from the same faulty batch. So I got a dorman part from advanced. Wasn't that hard. Took of the two engine covers and realized it's pretty much plug and play. Car was still rough. Went on the forums and they said oil has much to do with the problem. I changed the oil with ac delco dex and filter, and had the guy clear the code, like new. Just wanted to post this in case people are searching. Seems to be a common problem. Some people even day just changing the oil turns the code off and the car runs smoother..

Last edited:
Interesting. Thanks for posting.
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: hardcore302
My wife's equinox was loud at startup, a little rumbling at idle, and hesitant off the line. Finally it threw a code. P0011.

That's what, a V6 in there?

Some of the Ecotec 4-cyls. have issues with those solenoids. Mine was on the exhaust side but I think the intake ones are more common. Super easy fix though.

You probably ran into an aeration issue. GM has an aeration spec for the Dexos standard.

Quote:
GM dexos specification

As a sidenote, the General Motors powertrain engineers have developed the dexos™ (lower case “d”) engine oil specification. The result is engine oil designed specifically for GM engines. And just like GM, dexos is global. The dexos spec is designed to increase fuel efficiency, extend the life of the emissions system, require fewer oil changes, and produce fewer emissions.

The dexos oil also has some unique properties that General Motors engineers required. One characteristic is better resistance to aeration (the whipping of air bubbles into the oil). Some engines with variable camshaft timing also force the engine’s oil supply to serve double-duty as a hydraulic fluid. If the oil becomes aerated the hydraulic actuators won’t operate properly (similar to how silicone brake fluid can aerate in an anti-lock braking system). GM requires dexos oils to better resist aeration.

http://www.autoserviceprofessional.com/a...ats-the-correct

Back