Ebola Information

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: surfstar
"The government can't tell me what to do! I have rights and freedoms. I get to keep my guns...

but, quarantine that &*$(@ who has no symptoms of that disease"

Individual liberties or government intervention - which is it?

Your not serious or are you just trolling the thread?
Who cares if has symptoms? She was around ebola patients and they claim it can take 21 days to make sure the symptoms don't appear.

We also have rights, and one is not to be subjected to some selfish person running around with a deadly virus because she wants to go for bike ride.
Why don't you invite her to come and live at your house and you drive her around if your so concerned. LOL

I have a plan to isolate myself from my family, should i be in a position of taking care of an ebola patient. ( unlikely for me but i have a plan none the less.) I think she would want to protect others. However having said that, i think she has an interesting position. Being a citizen, she is being told to be in quarantine, yet none of the people getting off a plane from know ebola regions are in, or ask to be in quarantine. I think those from that region should be in quarantine, those who are not citizens should pay for that quarantine, if they can't pay for it then its back on the plane to africa.

Last edited:
Yet the returning troops are to be quarantined for 21 days.
Are they not citizens? Are they not returning heroes like they claim this selfish woman is? Why don't they have the same rights as she does?

Originally Posted By: Trav
Are they not citizens? Are they not returning heroes like they claim this selfish woman is? Why don't they have the same rights as she does?

Great point Paul! She's strutting around, hired an attorney [don't get me started on that], and is making a such a big deal about it. What's worse is the news is actually filming this banana. Sickening! I'm sure the Trolls will have a feeding frenzy now. LOL

Originally Posted By: surfstar
"The government can't tell me what to do! I have rights and freedoms. I get to keep my guns...

but, quarantine that &*$(@ who has no symptoms of that disease"

Individual liberties or government intervention - which is it?

Your not serious or are you just trolling the thread?
Who cares if has symptoms? She was around ebola patients and they claim it can take 21 days to make sure the symptoms don't appear.

We also have rights, and one is not to be subjected to some selfish person running around with a deadly virus because she wants to go for bike ride.
Why don't you invite her to come and live at your house and you drive her around if your so concerned. LOL

She's trolling two governors trying to look tough on ebola right before elections as well as the media camped in front of her BF's house. Making all those reporters & photogs jog in pursuit of her mountain bike was priceless. Turning onto an old rail bed when being "chased" by a trooper in a crown vic was similarly amusing.

It was later conceded that biking & jogging were cool per the "3 foot contact rule" but the gov't would reserve the right to come down with the full extent of the law, whatever that was, and to be determined.

And her announcing that she'd be breaking quarantine (whatever that is- its definition remains fluid) is the same declaration of independence you see with folks open-carrying guns... causing 3rd parties to feel threatened. Her mission fighting ebola has turned into one of public education Stateside, as well as prodding various gov't agencies to fine-tune their horrid contingency plans.

Actually they do not have the same rights. I am not a lawyer but active duty military are subject to different authoritative rules than the civilian population. One case in point is the right to privacy and unreasonable search/seizure.

Thats all well and good but she argued in court that she does not deserve to be quarantined based on the science. The science is different for the troops? Must be.
Now we find out she was with rooming with another woman who did have a confirmed case of ebola.

What now?

Thats all well and good but she argued in court that she does not deserve to be quarantined based on the science. The science is different for the troops? Must be.

It sure is, actually, as evidenced through medical policy. They get all sorts of vaccines that aren't FDA approved.

So wait a minute, i don't understand this. The troops get vaccines but need to be quarantined for 21 days, she gets none and can roam free, is that right?
What about this.
Quote:
Products not approved by the FDA are given to soldiers only with voluntary informed consent under an institutional review board–approved protocol and in accordance with a current and FDA-approved investigational new drug application.

And this.

Quote:
Only under exceptional circumstances would products not approved by the FDA be given to soldiers without informed consent. This circumstance is governed by emergency use authorization procedures. Section 564 of the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act (21 USC 360bbb-3), as amended by the Project BioShield Act of 2004 (Public Law 108–276), permits the FDA commissioner to authorize the use of an unapproved medical product or an unapproved use of an approved medical product during a declared emergency involving a heightened risk of attack on the public or US military forces, or when there is a potential to affect national security

Did the FDA commissioner in fact authorize the use of an unapproved medical product or not? If so, any link to this?

http://wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel/yellowbook/2...ary-deployments

I would quarantine that cow for sure. In a tent in the big house yard if necessary and fight her stupid law suit later.
What a selfish individual. If she gets it they should show her the same concern she has for others.

Quarantine her with her attorney. LOL They can plan their case together, face to face and save time.

They can be ordered to a duty station.

It's simple with troops, you simply don't dismiss them and they have to stay where they are ordered to stay. Part of the oath to follow lawful orders of their appointed leaders.

Ordering them into quarantine is not an illegal order. There is no guarantee, no right to go home at the end of the duty day.

Being in uniform is not like your typical 9-5 job. If the general says we are staying on base in this perimeter, then that's what you are doing.

Now any good commander will make that a good tour of duty and provide some time to be with family and friends once the 21 days is up.

I had a PFC try to tell me I couldn't order him to stay away from his baby-mama after the Polizei showed up at her apartment because he was hitting her.

I explained to him that not only could I give him that order, but I could also bring him up on charges since he was married and his wife back in the states might not take too kindly to finding out he has another child with a fellow soldier in a different unit here in Germany.

I cut him a break and simply said stay 100 meters away from her and get your life sorted out or he would lose his security clearance, UCMJ punishment or whatever it took to end the drama. Good at his MOS. Not the sharpest knife in the drawer when it came to birth control, what wedding vows mean, or simply avoiding drama.

And just what law did she break? On what charge was she tried and convicted of that would curtail her rights?

If you're that worried, go buy a hazmat suit and wear it 24/7.

"Why don't you invite her to come and live at your house and you drive her around if your so concerned" is a typical response by those who have no idea of a disease and how it works.

You've got a better chance of getting HIV.

Originally Posted By: demarpaint
I would quarantine that cow for sure. In a tent in the big house yard if necessary and fight her stupid law suit later.
What a selfish individual. If she gets it they should show her the same concern she has for others.

Quarantine her with her attorney. LOL They can plan their case together, face to face and save time.

My wife is a licensed medical professional and firmly believes they have a duty to the general public to set a good example. That means making professional decisions based on real medical facts.

She thinks a 21 day quarantine is an easy one to follow and the nurse is simply an idealogue...

Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8
Originally Posted By: demarpaint

My wife is a licensed medical professional and firmly believes they have a duty to the general public to set a good example. That means making professional decisions based on real medical facts.

She thinks a 21 day quarantine is an easy one to follow and the nurse is simply an idealogue...

Your wife is right, and is thinking like an intelligent professional. I'll refrain from posting what is really going through my mind about the nurse and her attorney and just say both are most likely looking for media attention and some cash.

I understand that, i was in the military. The point i was trying to make is simple.
Someone probably at the Pentagon decided to go against the administration and order the troops be quarantined. Not whether they have to follow the orders or not.

Obviously the military believes the returning troops should not be putting only themselves but the military community and their families at risk.
While the golfer and his flunkies couldn't give a rats rear.

Originally Posted By: Trajan

And just what law did she break? On what charge was she tried and convicted of that would curtail her rights?

If you're that worried, go buy a hazmat suit and wear it 24/7.

"Why don't you invite her to come and live at your house and you drive her around if your so concerned" is a typical response by those who have no idea of a disease and how it works.

You've got a better chance of getting HIV.

The womans room mate has ebola! She is a possible ebola carrier, you don't let her run around putting the community at risk of a deadly virus to be politically correct.
You are trying to defend the indefensible. Invite her to stay at your house and play with your kids smart guy.

How in hades do you know if someone has a better chance at getting anything more than ebola, are you Dr trajan now. Spinner.
crackmeup2.gif

BTW It sure looks like the law she broke is Reckless endangerment. This is exactly what she is doing!
Quote:
Reckless endangerment is a crime consisting of acts that create a substantial risk of serious physical injury to another person. The accused person isn't required to intend the resulting or potential harm, but must have acted in a way that showed a disregard for the foreseeable consequences of the actions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back