Pardner Protector

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure most of you are familiar with this. I have an H&R version, mildly set up for HD. Its seen the range a handful of times, probably 500-1000 total rounds and have nothing but good things to say- as long as you're not asking me to carry up upland hunting all day!

Anyways, has anybody heard of any major issues or achillies heels? So far its been fantastically reliable and will eat any round loaded but would love to be able to take care of any issues before they pop up, especially since it is used (backup/alternate to a glock) for home defense.

In my time I have seen two forms of pumps from H&R with that name. One had a slight square back frame and the other was a round frame. One came from Turkey and the other China if I recall.

They are budget guns....shoot em till they break. And if they break parts may be an issue since guns like this are outsourced more often than not and the gun might be an orphan. If that happens my best advice is get a Maverick 88 to replace it. They share parts with the mossy 500, have been in production with very few changes for decades, and are well proven.

Not saying the H&R is bad gun. I have an H&R semi auto made in Turkey by Sarsilmaz. I use it as a backup in case my Franchi AL48 goes down.

I have one of thier shotguns. Things 15 years old, never had a problem with it myself. My shotgun is New England Firearms (not HR) same company or parent company something like that.

Its be drop, steps on, thrown, still works perfectly fine I love the barrel break shotguns just so reliable very few moving parts make them hard to break.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back