Oil change or wait??

Status
Not open for further replies.
I put a bottle of CRC gas additive (emissions formula with pea) in my gas tank a few days ago and filled up with gas. I have 3/4 of a tank left but was planning on changing the oil tomorrow M1 EP 0w20 & a TRD filter for about 5 months (to get me through winter) but would it be better to run through all my gas first? Guess im wondering if the additive in the gas will have any affect on the fresh oil? What would you do? Also going to put a new air & cabin filter in, and do a empty/fill of power steering fluid. On sat or sunday the remaining things: install winter tires and winter wipers and power sand the back drums which are rusted and spray them with high heat spray paint. I was planning on using a disc you attach to a drill to remove the rust buildup on the drums, any advice for doing that? Any product suggestions? Thanks, appreciate all the input!!
smile.gif

I would change the air filter first since changing the air filter tends to let a little dirt into the oil, THEN change the oil in day or two.

I could be wrong but I don't think your fuel additive will affect your new oil. Just drive till your tank is almost empty to get the most cleaner through it!

Originally Posted By: Rolla07
I put a bottle of CRC gas additive (emissions formula with pea) in my gas tank a few days ago and filled up with gas. I have 3/4 of a tank left but was planning on changing the oil tomorrow M1 EP 0w20 & a TRD filter for about 5 months (to get me through winter) but would it be better to run through all my gas first? Guess im wondering if the additive in the gas will have any affect on the fresh oil.....

Unless your piston rings are shot resulting in massive amount of combustion blow by, the gas additive wll not affect the oil.

Z

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back