One Of The Worst Car Articles I've Ever Read

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty ignorant, I would agree. Yes, the Crown Victoria is the prototypical lemon.
whistle.gif

It's a filler article meant to generate eyeballs. They're probably in trouble with their advertisers and need to boost their hit-count.

And guess what? You just helped them do exactly what they were trying to do.

You know, this makes me wonder how often cars are deemed "unreliable" simply because they tended to be owned by ignorant, inattentive people...

Completely agree that at least a few of those cars have no place on a list like this.

Originally Posted By: Tegger
It's a filler article meant to generate eyeballs. They're probably in trouble with their advertisers and need to boost their hit-count.

And guess what? You just helped them do exactly what they were trying to do.

I realize I might have been sucked in, but it really matters little in the end with such self-nullifying [censored]...

The VW Beetle came out in the "70's"? Wut? LOL

Looks like someone put together a page full of old cars so they could bombard a visitor with advertising.

Yeah, that's one of the dumbest "worst car" lists I have seen.

Quote:
The Bonneville was another car that was larger than life. It was Pontiac’s version of the Ford Crown Victoria. However, many people had a hard time driving this car due to its massive size.

What? Many people had a hard time driving it due to its massive size? Huh?

Quote:
Another car classified as a boat, the Caprice took up more space in the driveway than two cars. They were not economical to operate and a hassle to work on so they didn't last long.

?????????? What Caprice is a hassle to work on?

It's so bad it almost has to be a joke, but I'm thinking that some hipster blogger thought this was a legit list.

The article must have been written by someone who's never looked under the hood of a car.

They deemed an 80's Honda Civic a lemon? LOL

They also included the air cooled Beetle on there. Yeah it must have been terrible, it was made for 65 years and over 20,000,000 were made. Haha

This list is among the worst list I've ever seen. The CRX? The Rabbit? The Beetle? Those are all amazing cars.

robert

And their Montero slam...

Quote:
This newer SUV was an epic failure. When Mitsubishi attempted to hide its higher than normal rollover rates, sales for the new car tanked. To date the manufacturing has been halted and Mitsubishi has lost a lot of money on this venture.

I hate Mitsubishi, but the Montero (Pajero) is probably the best thing they ever created. Production has never been halted, it is still sold, successfully, as the Pajero in most of the world. And it has been around for over 30 years.

So bad it's funny.

"...Ford Pinto was a complete flop for Ford. Made for 10 years straight..." 10 years is a decent run. There were plenty of them on the road back then. I guess the author wasn't there.

"The Celebrity came out in the 60s as a station wagon..." Say what???

Chevy Chevette - They didn't even bother to get the right car in the picture.

AMC Pacer "...Known for exploding on rear impact..." Really? I didn't know that.

Chrysler K-Cars "...due to fierce competition with Chevy, they couldn’t quite make it." Gee, I thought I saw a lot of them back then.

Volkswagen Transporter Van "The rear engine van was an epic failure..." Maybe they weren't the perkiest thing to drive, but Ferdinand Porsche designed a pretty simple, solid 4-cylinder boxer engine and they sold a lot of them.

Volkswagen Beetle "...When these rear engine cars came out in the 70s..." I think they're off by about three decades. Try Googling "VW and Adolph", click Images, you'll get a better idea of when the Beetle design work started.

And many others.

Originally Posted By: 01rangerxl
Yeah, that's one of the dumbest "worst car" lists I have seen.

Quote:
The Bonneville was another car that was larger than life. It was Pontiac’s version of the Ford Crown Victoria. However, many people had a hard time driving this car due to its massive size.

What? Many people had a hard time driving it due to its massive size? Huh?

Quote:
Another car classified as a boat, the Caprice took up more space in the driveway than two cars. They were not economical to operate and a hassle to work on so they didn't last long.

?????????? What Caprice is a hassle to work on?

It's so bad it almost has to be a joke, but I'm thinking that some hipster blogger thought this was a legit list.

It does almost look like an "Onion" parody of slide shows...

Originally Posted By: robertcope
This list is among the worst list I've ever seen. The CRX? The Rabbit? The Beetle? Those are all amazing cars.

robert

The CRX had a cult following with guys looking for those cars until they were rusted apart here. Apparently, this idiot thinks the Beetle was invented in the 1970s.

The Pinto was no prize pig, but it was far from "the ugliest car ever"....

My father had a Chrysler LeBaron (K-car) up until 2007. It was beat, but was far from mechanically unreliable. It was cheap to fix, easy to work-on and never had a major issue. The 2.2L was a solid (if crude) 4-cyl. and the transmissions ran fine if you used the fight fluid...

Last edited:
yep the Caprice was soo hard to work on and un-economical that only 50% of the Police forces and taxi companies in the US bought them....
and don't even mention the Crown Vic, that too-big gas hog luxury car used by execs.

and yep that VW type 2 transporter was a major POS. that must be why they finally stopped building them in Brazil this past year(Dec 31,2013, only a 63 year run...)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back