Combining wax into one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have several tins of paste wax that are almost empty, is there any way to melt it down to one tin of Frankenwax? can't see wasting it
21.gif

Very Carefully heat them up and pour into a single container.

I have done this with shoe polish.

It will work with auto wax as I add auto wax to my bullet lube.

Originally Posted By: jcwit

For giving your bullets that buttery, wet look!
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: tinmanSC
Originally Posted By: jcwit

For giving your bullets that buttery, wet look!
smile.gif

I cast my own bullets from lead alloy. Cast bullets need to be lubed to prevent lead deposits "aka leading" of the barrel.

Hope you were joking.

I looked into this once before and eventually intend to do it. They said the best way was to create a double boiler, a bowl placed over a pot with water in it. This kept the heat controllable. Put the wax in, when it starts to melt turn the heat down slightly until all is melted then pour into container. Put someplace cool like a basement so the different parts of the wax don't have time to settle out before it cools.

I wouldn't bother. Just use different waxes on different sections. I do that and it is not noticeable. Different sections wear out the waxes differently anyway. The flat horizontal parts like the hood and roof get the most UV, the sides behind the wheel wells get the most road grit and salt, the bumpers get the most dings. Just use them all up separately is my method but YMMV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back