I really miss my Accord.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you all for the information.

I am very fortunate as this whole mess is finally over. I got my car back last night and boy it looks great. My body shop guy is one of those people who is persistent and doesn't give up easily.

Zurich agreed to the additional repairs and he was able to put the supplements in.

Monday was a fun day though, I called Enterprise to let them know that the Impala was notifying me at every start about wanting an oil change. I ended up getting barked at by the kid in the shop about how Zurich stopped paying for the rental 5 days ago and how I needed to give them an updated credit card or return the rental. That conversation ended abruptly with me quoted as saying "I'm not paying *expletive*" and "I'm not sure what protocol you or your organization follow, but you will have to bill Zurich for any rental charges or overages".

I called Enterprise to return their car/get me to the body shop yesterday around quarter to 5, keep in mind they close at 6 (which I completely understand). I asked if they could give me a lift to get my car after I bring their rental back and we had this conversation (I got to Enterprise at 6pm):

Me: Hi, I'm going to be bringing back your rental and will need a ride to the body shop where I had my car fixed.
Ent: (*in a condescending voice*) Is that the name of the place, the body shop?
Me: No of course it isn't, it is called xxx in Boston, NY.
Ent: OK, I don't see that being a problem, lets just check, hold please.
Ent: OK sir, we won't be able to take you because, as you know, we close at 6pm and the amount of time it'd take a driver to go there and come would be past that time.
Me: No, it should only take about 15-20 minutes one way.
Ent: I'm sorry sir we would be past 6pm.
Me: Hold on a minute, you mean to tell me that there is no one in your Enterprise Rental Car facility that can possibly take a customer to get their vehicle? There is no one who can potentially stay about 10-15 minutes past 6pm. Do you know how many days I have had to stay late? I don't whine about it and say no, I get the job done. In fact, many people have to stay late.
Ent: No, we can't do anything.
Me: OK, well... I'm coming so be ready for your rental.

I really am not a fan of Enterprise through all of this. I mean really, you can't take someone 10 minutes past your shift. I guess if it's their rules, then they have to follow, but IMO it's a Turd Ferguson of a policy for that company.

My GF followed me and we went to get my car.

Car looks great, happy to have it back. I love my Accord.

Some days I swear I have a sign on my forehead that says "Go ahead, try and pi$$ me off."

Good to hear you got your car back.

As for the rental experience/ride to get your car - I'll just say I remember more times than I care to count working at a rental counter and hearing various requests and time frames from customers, which typically resulted in me getting stuck well beyond what was reasonable and then getting questioned about OT the next morning/end of the week. Annoying for the customer I'm sure when they heard "no" but annoying for me every time I got shafted.

Glad you got your car back.

As far as Enterprise, the person who you were speaking to might not have had the ability to authorize someone to stay and help a customer after close for any number of reasons that would either violate company policy/get someone written up or worse. Usually companies like that have very strict policies relating to overtime, following schedules, having people stay later than close, etc. Basically people at the store level have their hands tied by policy, the only way to go outside policy is for you to call and complain to corporate, and then corporate will chew out someone at the store for not breaking policy in the name of customer service.

A lot of large retail companies have very automated systems as well, so staying late might be a lot more trouble than just punching a clock (logging out, actually).

So unfortunately, what seems like no big deal to you, and what shouldn't be a big deal, probably is a big deal for people at the store to break policy. They are [censored] if they do and [censored] if they don't, but at least if they tell you "no," there is a chance there will be no repercussions, where as if they stay 20-30 minutes late, throw off the schedule for the week, hit overtime, corporate sees the store was closed late, or whatever else, they will have to answer for it. And the response may not be "oh, well that's great you were helping a customer out."

Of course, it could just be laziness, but I am guessing it has to do more with policy. Large companies like this tend to create policies that aren't conducive to providing immediate great customer service and solutions, but then when a customer calls corporate they play the "we are SO sorry Mr. Person, this is not inline with our policy of exceptional customer service..." card.

Originally Posted By: redhat
...He did give me the number, but proceeded to say that usually insurance companies don't need police reports when the damage is less than $500. I said, "Oh I didn't know you guys were insurance adjusters too, how convenient" and got the look followed by a "have a nice day, sir" -- Village cops always act as if you're a bother to them.

laugh.gif
The Town are even worse I think, and Blasdell are the worst...

Sorry to hear about your accident...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back