second guessing oci.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: threeputtpar
Originally Posted By: ram_man
My new 2014 fofocus calls for 10,000oil changes. ....

Well that made me chuckle! So much for the lowest total cost of ownership. For the cost of all of those oil changes you could have bought a Bentley.

Like some of the other posters have already said, the UOAs show that this engine is pretty easy on its oil and a 10k mile OCI is reasonable especially with your mostly highway driving.

I do 10K OCIs with the Focus and we do 75 town 25 hyw. No problems.

Originally Posted By: dave1251
The factory recommended OCI will be better than OK with PP. Don't BITOG your OCI you will never sleep at night if you do.

+1

I agree with tig1 and dave1251. We do become worry mongers when joining bitog.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: tig1
Originally Posted By: threeputtpar
Originally Posted By: ram_man
My new 2014 fofocus calls for 10,000oil changes. ....

Well that made me chuckle! So much for the lowest total cost of ownership. For the cost of all of those oil changes you could have bought a Bentley.

Like some of the other posters have already said, the UOAs show that this engine is pretty easy on its oil and a 10k mile OCI is reasonable especially with your mostly highway driving.

I do 10K OCIs with the Focus and we do 75 town 25 hyw. No problems.

+1....agree with tig again....M-1 0w20 AFE can easily do 10K. On my ol' 03 Focus (2.3L), my last OCI was at 9200 with no negative effects, and I will be going to 10K based on the many excellent OCI's of M-1 0w20 as well as the fact that Focus engines are easy on oil.

Matching M-1 0w20 AFE with a Fram Ultra filter will be a perfect combination, as it is with my vehicle.

We use M1 AFE 0w20 for 10K OCI with a Motorcraft filter for our 1.6L Fiesta, average driving conditions. If you look at some of the forum's UOA, you'll find the engines are easy on oil. If you have an Ecoboost and use the turbo frequently, or drive under severe conditions you may want to follow the severe schedule.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back