Archoil products

Status
Not open for further replies.
Boxcart, please stop. You aren't helping on any level at this point.

Looking forward to your results Gale. I'm currently using a mix of 9100 and 9300 in my Land Rover 2.5L diesel. Since I dont have any lab grade empirical results that would survive the peer review process for publication, I wont share them other than one: The Wife Test.

The rover is a bit of a noisy and rough lummox and at highway speeds the motor noise and vibration are quite substantial. Before a 5600 mile excursion this summer I put the recommended doses of 9300 and 9100 in a fresh change of T6 (Rotella). I did not give my wife any indication something had been altered or introduced. About 4 hours into our drive my wife asked if I fixed something because it was much quieter and smoother. I had noticed as well, but since the placebo effect could be assigned to my own perception it was interesting to note that she noticed a difference as well.

antisoshal, i am not surprised by her findings and no i am not stopping i say what i experience over and over..believe it or not. that's how i feel about this product just want everyone else to experience the benefits or at lease try it.

I am looking forward to what all of you report. Instead of hauling some hay (can do that anytime before bad weather) this weekend I am planning to get a tailgate made for the F700 with the 16' flat dump with the new steel bed and help my brother haul some corn. It will not that many miles but they will be highway miles (about 30 each round trip). Since I only have 2' sides for dirt/gravel I will not be over loaded but it will put some load on the engine. With all the rain using the tractor and backhoe may be delayed a bit but I hope they hammer less after a few hours. When a wife remarks about less noise that is impressive input for sure. On the diesels a lot of the noise is injector pump noise I know.

Quote:
So here is whats in it. From the msds. Perhaps Mola could give us some insight.

Here is a basic explanation:

Potassium Tetraborate 1-10% 12045-78-2

A compound of 2 potassium atoms with 4 boron atoms, hence "tetra."
Anti-wear, friction modifier, weak acid neutralizer.

Fatty Acid Ester 10-50% 68440-09-5 270-434-5

A wool fatty acid reacted with pentaerythritol alcohol to produce an ester. A friction modifier. Has detergent properties as well.

Methyl Oleate 20-40% 112-62-9

Oleic acid reacted with methyl alcohol to produce an ester. This a low viscosity ester. Most likely used to insure mixing of the potassium tetraborate, mineral oil, and the other two esters.

Tetra ester 10-40% 68334-18-9
Tall oil ((TOFA) acid reacted with pentaerythritol alcohol to produce an ester. Tall oil is a byproduct of pine tree rosin and a source of oleic acid. A friction modifier.

Paraffin 20-50% 8012-95-1

White mineral oil.

I would suspect the mix is mostly mineral oil (to keep costs down) with a low percentage of potassium borate and esters (high cost items).

The percentages are bogus and are there to make sure you don't guess the exact formulation.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: GaleHawkins
domer10 do you have any update on your Archoil usage?

Not really. We did drive the F700 16' flat dump to town 40 miles which was the first time on the road. We filled it up and picked up 6 sheets of PlyForm (high quality 3/4" plywood) to extend the sides from 2' (for dirt/rock hauling) to 4' to help my bother haul shelled corn as it rained much of his two weeks he took off to do it. This will put the 429 to work under a load since it should haul about 320 bushels per load. We still have not placed the dragging starter but today it never failed to start fast.

Originally Posted By: boxcartommie22
daily driver potassium borates are alkaline when combined with other alkaline's and neutralizes acids.when I changed my oil after 3 years my oil filter was extremely clean!!strong detergent with all the esters prior to using archoil my stainless steel filter caught a lot of stuff.mercury had 7000 miles on the oil.i am really impressed with my combination of red line and archoil 9100 its one of the best additives I have found.the fill hole is really clean inside

Thanks for the report boxcartommie22. I was leaning towards AR9300 but went with Archoil AR9100 since it only cost $10 to do a 5 quart engine which is about a 1/3 of the cost of Ceratec. Since all of our engines are 10-40 years old the cleaning provided by AR9100 impressed me. When the gallon is used up AR9300 may be more affordable and I will start out using it with clean engine and oil pan.

Since changing oil and adding Archoil AR9100 we now have over 200 miles hauling grain to the elevator (13 miles away) in the often over loaded 1989 F700 429 engine which does not sound like a lot of miles but often the petal is to the metal for long periods of time on grades. The oil is still so clear I have a hard time seeing the level on the dip stick even when it is cold. This is the most I have used the truck in one week since we got it in 2009. We have AR6200 in the fuel as well. Not able to make any remarks about Archoil products at this point that would be meaningful.

Sodium - very active metal, it even can explode in the water
Chlorine - can react with almost all elements and poisoned humans

Are you guys kidding me telling, that you consume Sodium chloride daily ????

btw, from the first paragraph mineral from Ural mountain is actually "serpentinite ultrafine powder" a family of minerals.

in theory a material like silica oxide do abrasion, then on naked metal this kind of mineral will apply, producing extremely hard coating. The effect was discovered by Russians when the drilled some earth minerals, in some cases a drill bit, (whatever) last much longer , like in times, so the effect cause by specific mineral, google suprotec;

means archoil may just resell this product.

Originally Posted By: DrAdmin

Are you guys kidding me telling, that you consume Sodium chloride daily ????

Just out of curiosity, who does NOT consume sodium chloride daily?

They sure emphasize wind turbines.

Quote:
AR9300 is for use in extreme environments such as gear boxes in wind turbines, jack pumps, heavy equipment, high temperature environments, high performance, locomotive engines, drilling, or wherever the present lubricant is over-challenged by the work load.

Recent research in wind turbine bearing and transmission failures has found that failures are the result of certain metallic alloy inclusions that cause localized fracturing under oscillatory loads.

So I don't see how a concrete mix in the lube could help wind turbines.
grin2.gif

Either there is a translation problem here or this stuff is way off the charts.

See this for a description of Serpentine

http://www.minerals.net/mineral/serpentine.aspx

Serpentine is a metamorphic mineral composed of mineral silicates as can be seen in the above description. Furthermore, different geological locations yield different types of serpentine with varying amounts of mineral mixes.

I would like to see a tribological/chemical explanation of how this stuff in oil works at the surface/interface level of steel alloys.

What is the particle size? This determines how much would be trapped in an oil filter.

In addition the question of, what is this "magnetic" material referred to, has not been answered.

Last edited:
There are studies that have looked at similar preparations in mineral oil. A recent reference with abstract is below. It seems to form a good tribofilm for boundary lubrication. For copyright reasons, I can't post the manuscript. But if anyone has a specific question, I can dig through the paper and let you know what I find.

Helong Yu,Yi Xu,Peijing Shi,Hongmei Wang, Min Wei, Keke Zhao, Binshi Xu.
Microstructure, mechanical properties and tribological behavior of tribofilm generated from natural serpentine mineral powders as lubricant additive.
Wear. Volume 297, Issues 1–2, 15 January 2013, Pages 802–810.

Abstract

Surface-modified serpentine powders with an average size of 1.0 μm were dispersed into mineral base oil to improve the lubricating properties of oil, as well as to generate a thin tribofilm on the worn surface. SEM, TEM, nano-indentation and Stribeck testing were performed to study the morphology, microstructure, micromechanical properties and tribological behavior of the tribofilm, respectively. Results show that a nanocrystalline tribofilm, with a thickness of 500–600 nm, is formed on the worn surface under the lubrication of oil with 1.5 wt% serpentine. The film is mainly composed of Fe3O4, FeSi, SiO2, AlFe and Fe-C compound (Fe3C). A phenomenological model of the tribofilm generated by serpentine was developed based on the experimental results. The excellent mechanical properties, reinforced phase of embedded particles and porous structure of the tribofilm contribute to the reduction of friction and wear, especially in the case of boundary and mixed lubrication.

wow got it:

crazy Russians run the car without any oil in the pan, 1st car was untreated, 2nd treated by, let say, some compound
native link and google translated

ah, 1st died at 40 miles, second did round trip at 100 miles, without any damage, in rod inserts, - unbelievable ...;
translated:
https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=ru&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.zr.ru%2Fcontent%2Farticles%2F15622-maslanoje_golodanije%2F

native (in case if google lost):
http://www.zr.ru/content/articles/15622-maslanoje_golodanije/

http://www.zr.ru/content/articles/15622-maslanoje_golodanije/

Originally Posted By: GMorg
But if anyone has a specific question, I can dig through the paper and let you know what I find.

Was the study done using fully formulated motor oil or pure base oil?

Ed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back