Post your car in Winter Mode

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's my place two weeks ago...middle of Spring...8" snow.

Thought kids were out with fireworks, wasn't until morning I realised it was trees cracking all night.

IMG_0849-1.jpg

IMG_0845-1.jpg

IMG_0850-1.jpg

wwm_phase1.jpg

Just got Altimax Arctics put on the CVPI this past weekend. Not driving it yet, but itll be ready when I need it. This is just phase one of the winter conversion. Phase 2 and 3 are still IP (in process). They were both supposed to have been done this month, but and extended delay in waiting for parts for P2 is blocking P3. The parts I need they didnt have in stock, so the factory had to make me a set and sent them only to discover they sent me parts for 03+ cars. Now Im waiting for them to make me the correct set.
The CVLX is going to stay nice and cozy in the garage this winter. Ill take it out and drive it around a bit on dry days, but that's it.

Last edited:
Had the most snow days off last winter than I've ever had throughout my full time working career. So, without a soul on the road, we went bar hopping in a 98 Tracker, 5sp, 4wd, and Grabber At2 in the heart of Philly.

8sGMCWV.jpg

Originally Posted By: 19jacobob93
Where abouts do you live? I heard parts of the south got quite a bit of unexpected snow a few weeks ago haha

Bought 65km Sydney side of Bathurst...

It's too early for winter mode here. It was 87 on Monday. Of course Friday it's going to be 45 for the high. Here are a couple of my past ones.

I do have a set of winter tires waiting to go on my car. I also plan on removing the front lip spoiler.

winter11.jpg

IMG_3529_sm.jpg

Originally Posted By: Drew99GT
Originally Posted By: beast3300
Winter mode for my GS is stock heat range Autolite coppers and Stant Superstat195.

You change thermostats for winter?

Yes. I use a 180 T-stat with two holes drilled in it for the summer/warmer months and 1 heat range colder spark plugs.

Just ordered a set of General Altimax Arctic for my dad's Corolla. 175/65/14, $300 after rebate. I may choose the same for my car next year. These were my choices for the Corolla, total prices for 4 include Ontario tire fee. I think its a good deal.

Firestone Winterforce SL S $74 $363
General AltiMAX Arctic Q $69 $338
Goodyear Ultra Grip Winter T $73 $356
Michelin X-Ice Xi3 XL T $111 $528
Yokohama iceGUARD iG52c T $78 $381

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: rjundi

Subaru AWD did NOTHING for that! Its an oldie.

shocked2.gif
OMG !!!!!

Here in central FL our winters are 60 degrees. LOL.

Last winter I ran all seasons on the Civic
DSC00005-SNOW.gif

Not dealing with that again this winter.
10511563_10204383734730119_2200694669702660418_o.jpg

With some finishing and paint on the body work and a headlight restoration, that would actually be one of the cleanest Neons I have seen in a while. Most of the paint actually looks pretty good.

It's damp and that helps any paint look shiny.
laugh.gif

I splurged and got slip on rocker panels, but I don't see this $1000 car lasting 11 years like my saturn did. Not that I won't try.

The headlight on the other side is actually nearly new, an unrepaired dent on the fender adjacent indicates someone hit something sometime.

Put the winter tires on mostly because it'll be 27'F tomorrow when I head to work and there isn't a layer of salt on the pavement yet. I got my volvo sideways under similar circumstances, still on its summer tires, a couple years back.

Trans Am winter mode.

IMG_3286.jpg

We get maybe one day of snow a year and it is rarely under 40 here so the truck and the Grand Prix live outside. The Equinox lives next door to the Trans Am.

Originally Posted By: ls1mike
Trans Am winter mode.

IMG_3286.jpg

We get maybe one day of snow a year and it is rarely under 40 here so the truck and the Grand Prix live outside. The Equinox lives next door to the Trans Am.

thumbsup2.gif
01.gif

I took this one of the Jeep yesterday, first time winter mode has been used this year. Setup is 235/70R16 Hakka R2 SUVs on a set of the stock 16x7 Jeep wheels
6PmnT9B.jpg

Originally Posted By: rslifkin
I took this one of the Jeep yesterday, first time winter mode has been used this year. Setup is 235/70R16 Hakka R2 SUVs on a set of the stock 16x7 Jeep wheels
6PmnT9B.jpg

Nice to see a 5.9 still on the road. I only know of one local to me.. it was owned by an older couple since new and later sold to their neighbors for a new and "improved" base model WK2.

Come to think of it, I have no winter pictures of my Jeep whatsoever.

Originally Posted By: dlundblad
Nice to see a 5.9 still on the road. I only know of one local to me.. it was owned by an older couple since new and later sold to their neighbors for a new and "improved" base model WK2.

Come to think of it, I have no winter pictures of my Jeep whatsoever.

It's getting up there in miles and isn't in perfect shape, but it's in fairly good shape. I bought it in Jan 2010 with just shy of 100k miles on it and have put a ton on it since (at 177k now, almost 5 years later). It's got quite a list of mods done to it, even though it looks fairly stock. Hopefully I'll get to retire it from DD duty in another year or so, but I have no plans to get rid of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back