Wagner Thermoquiet PAB913 for Honda Fit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got my Rear Brake Shoes (WAGNER PAB913) from Amazon today.

I find it very curious that they are just thrown in the box.

I am used to seeing brake shoes nicely shrink wrapped to a piece of cardboard then put in the box.

They are riveted on the box, but bonded actually.

The pad material looks like junk Monroe low quality stuff. Black tarry look cheap brake shoe look.

I am just hoping they are the right brake shoes and someone didn't just throw garbage shoes in the box.

They are marked Wagner, but I can't tell if they are WAGNER PAB913 (Thermoquiet).

How have you guys seen Wagner shoes in the box when you got them?

Would suck to do the job only to have the wrong shoes after the return warranty is up.

Thanks guys.

Last edited:
I installed PAB627 Thermoquiet shoes from Rock Auto on my CRV last year. They were just in the box, which kept me from cursing the packaging designer or cutting myself trying to 'unpackage' them. Very satisfied with them.

What's wrong with the OEM ones? Our Fit's OEM shoes are looking fine at about 83k miles. That's with regular adjustment about every 7000 miles.

I find that Wager Thermoquiets ,which is the only brake pad I install now (I've probably installed 50 sets. Never had a problem with them. Not once) is about 50/50 on the shrinkwrap. Not sure why. I would use them happily, Very pleased with the TQs.

That's good to know that they don't always come shrink wrapped.

I got these for 28$ on Amazon.ca, if I went and got them from the dealer they would have costed probably 3 times the price.

Also the Wagner drums were really cheap as well.

I paid $88.73 for Thermoquiet shoes and two Wagner drums. The shipping was free and that includes our insane Quebec taxes.

That is so cheap that I picked it up a bit early to have on hand.

I don't like trying to find deals on car parts when I need them because you end up paying top dollar.

For the price I am very happy with Amazon.

Is there any issues with your brake drums? I almost never replace drums unless I've broken a fin or something else happened. But, typically they last the life of the car.

I change the Drums to make sure I don't scrap the job and the shoes with it.

In the Rust Belt in Montreal I don't mind new drums.

But Rochester is probably the same salt use as us.

I even change the spring kit with new clips and springs, just to be sure they have the same tension after years of use.

Well done!
smile.gif

Yeah, we use tons of salt!

I have wagner TQ shoes on my tundra. same, "open" box, black-ish compound. they seemed made well enough.

my only note----- it took a lot of time to bed these in to where they had any braking power. I suspect they made not have made full even contact all the way around when new. Someone here mentioned that, as well as elsewhere I saw it once or twice when searching. I solved this by giving them a couple more clicks than I normally would in a couple of extra adjustment sessions. They've been fine since then.

I don't recall ever seeing a set of brake shoes shrink wrapped to a backing... Pads on the other hand...

Yeah, as long as you have new shoes and a receipt for the brakes, you're golden. Have you installed'em yet?
smile.gif

Last edited:
I use to recommend Wagner brake pads/shoes but their quality since they moved to china has really dropped.

Thermoquiet brake pads have less wear material many times to make up for the thicker "quiet" backing. The semi-metallic formulas have dropped in temp performance and ratings.

The last set of shoes I got had uneven friction material, glue on the friction surface, etc... worse than the cheapest thing the local parts houses sell.

I haven't installed them yet. The time it took to get the whole order was about a month off of Amazon.

The drums took about a week and a half, but the Shoes took a full month.

I like to buy my scheduled maintenance stuff so I have it all good to go for if I have a perfect day, weather, the time to do it, and when I feel it needs to be done in relation to how much longer I plan on running the car.

I've paid for Johnny on the Spot repairs, equipment, toilets, and auto parts.

I got ripped royal every time.

Now if I get a smoking deal on stuff I need down the line, I buy it.

It is very theraputic, a full brake job for the cost of a hot date!

Originally Posted By: Jimzz
I use to recommend Wagner brake pads/shoes but their quality since they moved to china has really dropped.

Thermoquiet brake pads have less wear material many times to make up for the thicker "quiet" backing. The semi-metallic formulas have dropped in temp performance and ratings.

The last set of shoes I got had uneven friction material, glue on the friction surface, etc... worse than the cheapest thing the local parts houses sell.

Sorry to bump this thread from the dead, but I noticed that their new formula (OE21??) has GG rating for most of the brake pads that I have seen recently. TQ516, TQ526, TQ536 (all GG rated) seem to be the friction "formula" that I see printed on the back of their latest Thermoquiet pads for Hondas. I still have not used a set, but I am curious if they are still as noisy as some of the older ones were.

I installed them on my Jeep a few years back, and they came in the box the way yours did, just thrown in there.

As for their performance, they've been excellent. They are easily outlasting the OEM pads, especially on the rear, and they produce almost no brake dust. I'll be buying them again, if I ever wear them out, and I'll be looking for them soon for my '15 Transit. The rear pads on that Transit produce black soot, which is pitting the alloy wheels. They are noisy as heck, too, when cold and braking in reverse. I'm betting the Thermoquiet pads will take care of that, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back