Today's deep thought

Status
Not open for further replies.
You asked: "What were cars with rusted-out floors referred to as before The Flintstones came along?"

What are they called now? Rusted cars? POS?

Here's my question: Had you ever been near a car with a rusted floor and overheard someone refer to it as a .....Flintstones car?

Seriously: I seem to recall Hanna-Barberra studios refer to the car as a "Floord".

Trivia: Was more than one car ever depicted in a Flintstones episode? ....a traffic jam? ......did Barney own a car?

I suppose they all had leather.

Originally Posted By: Kira
You asked: "What were cars with rusted-out floors referred to as before The Flintstones came along?"

What are they called now? Rusted cars? POS?

Here's my question: Had you ever been near a car with a rusted floor and overheard someone refer to it as a .....Flintstones car?
Yes.

Seriously: I seem to recall Hanna-Barberra studios refer to the car as a "Floord".
I've Heard it called the "FlintMobile" but this drawing just calls it "Fred's Car"

2819484037_935cf93035_z.jpg

Trivia: Was more than one car ever depicted in a Flintstones episode? ....a traffic jam? ......did Barney own a car?

Yes, I don't Know, Yes. Looked Like a hollowed out log with a pointy nose
2820293144_c89cea9d1e.jpg

I suppose they all had leather.
Funny...

Never knew they ever sold or built Austins here? My old man told me they came out the showroom rusty in the UK and barely lasted a year or two with all the salt on the roads in winter haha
He had a 1986 Ford Cortina as his first car in 1990 over there and that was the same, went through a small puddle and your feet would get a drenching! He scrapped it because the sills were rotted through a couple years later. All this in a 4 year old car and it had probably been going on well before he bought it!
Same with Great Walls now, seen some shockers! Knew someone with one that was a year old and the whole thing was rusting to bits EVERYWHERE! Not just surface rust but deep rust

What prompted my Deep Thought was an episode of Wheeler Dealers I had just watched.

Edd China referred to the Jensen Interceptor he was working on as a "Flintstones car" on account of the big hole in its floor after he cut out some rust.

And I thought it was interesting that The Flintstones is well-known even in England.

Originally Posted By: Tegger
What were cars with rusted-out floors referred to as before The Flintstones came along?

"Chevrolet"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back