Think the dealership pulled a fast one on me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
UOA with filtered oil don't expose catastrophic component failure unless you are carefully tranding particle counts AND doing counts of the filter media (washown service media in a solvent). It just shows normal wear and chemical "wear".

Looks like Tchain generated debris. I Hate XOHC wet chain engines.

I have owned only three brand new vehicles. All of them had some minor sparkles in the oil on there first change. I have never seen any kind of chunks like you are showing. Not sure how this can be attributed to break in wear. What breaks in by shedding chunks of metal like that? The one piece looks the size of a bb or something.

Jeep claims the engine is pre broken in and requires very little break in but if that were the case there should be no were close to the amount of metal, I'm sending some of the oil to black stone I ordered one if there kits. But like a lot of people said about the big chunks just sitting in the pan I was thinking the same thing. I thinking in maby3-4 thousand miles doing another change and see if it improves. I also don't know what oil the dealership uses I just filled it penzoil platinum maby that will help

Just another reason why I like to dump the FF early.
27.gif

Can't belive people are on here saying to pull the oil pan or flush it with kerosene or gas. If this is a new vehicle and u do either all warrenty on the engine will be shot. Just monitor it and change it at oem oci with the recomended weight and it wouldn't hurt to open up the filter and check for debree. And (document everything). And on top of everything don't tear into the engine or put other fluids other than recommended oil inside of it.

Originally Posted By: demarpaint
27.gif

Yup short oci on a new engine can only hurt the wallet get that [censored] out instead of circulating it

+1 demarpaint!

I got roasted over recommending early first OCIs...

When Meatball wrote... "Jeep claims the engine is pre broken..." I smiled and stopped reading his post right there
smile.gif

And I am lucky I get the oil and filters from my gf father who own a auto part store so It doesent hurt the wallet at all lol

Originally Posted By: Falken
+1 demarpaint!

I got roasted over recommending early first OCIs...

When Meatball wrote... "Jeep claims the engine is pre broken..." I smiled and stopped reading his post right there
smile.gif

I got fried over saying it a few times, then stopped suggesting it. Now seeing those pictures I said to myself, go for it. LOL

Seriously if you feel that metal is harmless, or don't mind that [censored] circulating around until the filter picks it up, or that it settles to the bottom of the pan doing nothing, then don't dump the FF early. We hear stories of people following the OLM from day one and having their engine outlast their car. So do whatever you feel is best, because every time one of these threads is posted it follows an almost identical path.

27.gif

Frank you know how i am. Bring the new vehicle home from the dealer and drop the oil and filter!
By the time it has 1K on it its had 3 or 4 oil changes with dino then on to synthetic.
Overkill? Maybe but the extra $125 i spend buys me good sleeping.
Between 1-2K all the fluids are dropped and replaced with high quality synthetic lubes (usually Amsoil).

Make room under that chair.
27.gif

That's what I here I had a 95 wrangler a while back and it didn't have any were near this amount of metal but then again it had 180 thousand miles on it so I think it was broken in right lol

Originally Posted By: Trav
27.gif

Frank you know how i am. Bring the new vehicle home from the dealer and drop the oil and filter!
By the time it has 1K on it its had 3 or 4 oil changes with dino then on to synthetic.
Overkill? Maybe but the extra $125 i spend buys me good sleeping.
Between 1-2K all the fluids are dropped and replaced with high quality synthetic lubes (usually Amsoil).

Make room under that chair.
27.gif

I hear ya buddy, there's plenty of room under the chair.

Originally Posted By: deven
It's a jeep. Normal!
The pentastar engine is used in passenger cars also.

search

italiaspeedTV - "New pentastar v6" production

for video of automated production of this engine.

Sometimes the machining process leaves little hanger-ons that survive the air & solvent cleaning before assembly !!

Today the process is much better than the old days !!
I'd say very little gets by the assembly stage, yours is probably the 1% that had some machining chips missed on clean-up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back