Chevy Volt?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: cptbarkey
A used Prius is a much better bet.

Well, thats what I have now!
grin.gif

After reading the comments here and doing some (more) research, I have decided to:
Wait for Volt 2.0 Why? Because when it comes out Volt 1.0 -what I'd be buying-would be as obsolete as a first gen Ipad. If I bought the $19,000 Volt now, it might lose 25% value (est) when Volt 2.0 rolls out, which is purported to be cheaper and better.

OR wait until I find an insane, killer deal on a loaded Volt 1.0 like I did when I bought my Prius Gen2. Prius Gen3 had come out 1-2 years earlier, so I snagged my 2007 up cheap and with low miles.

Either way.. life goes on. Looks like I will have to get a set of tires for the Prius and change the oil anyways (drats!)

Last edited:
There is rumor of significantly greater battery range on V2.0. Some are claiming 85 miles. I doubt that, but you never know. If so, it would make a fantastic ride. The Volt is already a very cool car IMHO.

I drove a Fusion Energi and came away very disappointed. It could not achieve local highway speed on battery alone, cost more than a Volt and felt very, very lethargic with motor only. It did achieve great MPG's though.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back