New to me Silverado

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, guys i posted a few days ago about a $20k dollar crew cab. Well i didn't end up with a crew cab, but i did end up spending less than 20k. I bought a 2008 Extended Cab Z71 4X4 2LT from a local gentleman of 82 years old. The truck was bought new locally and is a one owner truck. no accidents, best of all it has 23,000 miles. I ended up getting a really good deal on it as he ordered a new 2014 and sold it to me for average trade in price, as he said he preferred to have the cash instead of trading it in. He told me the price so i didn't hesitate to pay the man. Truck is in very good shape with the exception of a hand full of hail dings on the hood. I have scheduled to have a PDR company remove them. I've attached pictures in a link below. Truck is dirty in the pictures. ill detail it this weekend. let me know what you all think!

http://s1289.photobucket.com/user/donnyj...?sort=3&o=0

You got an awesome deal! 23k miles is practically new. It'll treat you well. Is this the model with AFM?

Originally Posted By: Nick1994
You got an awesome deal! 23k miles is practically new. It'll treat you well. Is this the model with AFM?

Yes, it does have AFM. Not sure if i like that or not. I had a Ram with MDS and it operated fine, i can't feel it switch over much so far. ive been able to tell a few times on the highway when cruise is on. it also fluctuates the RPM on the tach slightly with a change over. Definitely not intrusive to the drive. The Ram i had was much more abrupt when switching over.

Originally Posted By: Brybo86
Which engine does it have?
What is your oil changing game plan?

LY5 Vin "J" Iron Block 5.3 Non Flex fuel. Plan to keep to 5k mile intervals, or follow the OLM. I just filled it with synpower 5w30 and AcDelco filter today.

Previous owner said he took it to pennzoil every 3k miles. I verified this by the sticker in the window, pennzoil oil filter and stack of pennzoil recipts in the glove box so its definitely been serviced very often prior to my ownership.

I did a 14k, 1 year Amsoil SS OCI and the UOA showed I could have went 16K. It's still cheaper to go with a chain store oil but it's nice to know it's possible. I have it posted here somewhere.

Nice to know the owner, I buy a lot of used vehicles and turn them and greatly prefer one owner vehicles with verifiable history.

Very nice to know the gentleman used Pennzoil, that 5.3 easily goes 200-300k miles in our fleet use so you should be set for a LONG time!

Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8
Nice to know the owner, I buy a lot of used vehicles and turn them and greatly prefer one owner vehicles with verifiable history.

Very nice to know the gentleman used Pennzoil, that 5.3 easily goes 200-300k miles in our fleet use so you should be set for a LONG time!

SteveSRT8, how are the 5.3s in your fleet serviced?

Originally Posted By: donnyj08
Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8

SteveSRT8, how are the 5.3s in your fleet serviced?

Since about 2003 or 4 we have chosen to follow the OLM exclusively. Our vans are used for stationary ops and driving, the pickups are drivers only. The OLM accounts for it all.

We just use a good quality synthetic and filter for a bit of insurance. Engines are generally the last thing to fail here, with 250-300k miles a regular event...

Thank you SteveSRT8!
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: ls1mike
Seems like you lucked out! Looks good! Enjoy!

I sure did! thanks! I really love the White with the two tone titanium/black interior. This is my first Chevrolet truck, I really like it so far!

Hey donny...congrats on that truck!

I gave you a
crackmeup2.gif
for your premise of getting that type truck for anywhere near $20k, but you struck gold. Good job!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back