Long and gentle... snow brush?

Status
Not open for further replies.
As the forecast is calling for snow soon, the subject seems appropriate.

I need something that's got good reach (so that it can clear an SUV's roof) and that is gentle to the paint. Any recommendations?

Years ago I bought this nice boars hair brush that's super soft, but it's not very long, so it won't work here.

Thanks!

Just don't use a soft floor broom.

The dirt gets embedded in the nylon bristles and will buff your paint and even your windshield will get scratched and hazed!

Happened to my Dad! One of his few dumb things I have seen him do.

I found what works the best, and easy on paint are the extendable car wash brushes. Soft, long and easy on the paint. Most snow brushes are about as soft as a scotch brite pad. I still remember a local story about a lady that bought a new Toyota, and her grandson tried to help by scooping the snow off with a shovel the day after she bought it.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
As the forecast is calling for snow soon, the subject seems appropriate.

I need something that's got good reach (so that it can clear an SUV's roof) and that is gentle to the paint. Any recommendations?

Years ago I bought this nice boars hair brush that's super soft, but it's not very long, so it won't work here.

Thanks!

Make sure you get one where the brush is perpendicular to the handle. It works better than the others. I also get a new plastic scraper every year. And 2 snow brushes. One in the vehicle and one in my house.

I invested in this car wash brush (for snow removal) about 10 years ago and it's still going strong. $15 at various sources. It can be used on any length wooden broom handle you choose (5 ft. +).

I tested it on some pos car first. I don't find any micro marring of the paint. But, if the vehicle is covered in salt grime, any rubbing will cause defects with any brush. It is wonderful to brush off my SUV in minutes without having to over extend my reach.

Since mfg. can change, I recommend testing it always.

http://www.sustainablesupply.com/Tough-G...CFQ0oaQod-YUAtQ
"Body Washing Car Wash Brush, Extra-fine white polystyrene fill with flagged tips for scratch-free wash. PVC bumper around block protects surfaces."
21hCQ4-Uq4L.jpg
................................AND THIS
755625031785lg.jpg

Originally Posted By: skyactiv
Look at a sno brum, not broom, on Bavauto.com

I like the concept, but it looks like it would be impractical to use on non-flat surfaces or smaller areas like around mirrors. I guess you can do those smaller areas by hand. Do you use one?

Originally Posted By: doitmyself
I invested in this car wash brush (for snow removal) about 10 years ago and it's still going strong. $15 at various sources. It can be used on any length wooden broom handle you choose (5 ft. +).

I tested it on some pos car first. I don't find any micro marring of the paint. But, if the vehicle is covered in salt grime, any rubbing will cause defects with any brush. It is wonderful to brush off my SUV in minutes without having to over extend my reach.

Since mfg. can change, I recommend testing it always.

http://www.sustainablesupply.com/Tough-G...CFQ0oaQod-YUAtQ
"Body Washing Car Wash Brush, Extra-fine white polystyrene fill with flagged tips for scratch-free wash. PVC bumper around block protects surfaces."
21hCQ4-Uq4L.jpg
................................AND THIS
755625031785lg.jpg

I use something very similar that was also designed for washing cars. I've been using it for several years with good results. As you stated as long as there is no grime, salt, dirt etc. on the car it is safe to use.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Originally Posted By: skyactiv
Look at a sno brum, not broom, on Bavauto.com

I like the concept, but it looks like it would be impractical to use on non-flat surfaces or smaller areas like around mirrors. I guess you can do those smaller areas by hand. Do you use one?

This, and my hand in a soft, scratch free glove are ALL I would ever use to clear snow off of my car, or anyone else's.
wink.gif

I use a long adjustable handle car wash brush for removing snow. They're really soft and have better reach. Be careful not to buy the stiff bristle brushes. Only the softest one you can find!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back