Milestar Patagonia compared to other at's

Status
Not open for further replies.
anyone here run these on anything?

I'm thinking about getting a new set of tires for my explorer before winter and then keeping my old ones for my plow truck etc.

These are on amazon for a fairly decent price.

I'm also looking at the goodyear wrangler radials which are close to the same price.

it's either those 2 or i'm even thinking about getting the nexens at or even the MT cause i really like how those look and they have excellent ratings as well.

whats your pricerange, what do you want in a tire, what style of tire, tire size.

example

off-road traction, AT tire, 600$ for a set of 4 in 265/75r16

pretty sure amazon is no deal ..ever ..for tires.

Don't run Milestar tires! They are Chinese made and will kill everyone on the road along with all of their family members!!!!!!!

Sarcasm aside, they look decent.

I'd probably try the Patagonias before the Wrangler Radials. They might not be great, but at least the tread pattern isn't from 1980.

I had my Wrangler Radials for two winters of light Alabama snow...nothing like you get in WI as far as amount, but it does get icy here. The Wrangler Radials kind of surprised me (in a good way) in the snow, at least fresh snow, but again this is AL, not WI. I was expecting full on mediocrity too, so the bar was set pretty low.

After almost 30K miles, I couldn't stand the road noise from the Wrangler Radials. They were LOUD on some surfaces. Smooth pavement was actually worse than rough pavement. Also, rain traction went from not very good to flat out horrible. I replaced them before they got to the wear bars.

I got my money out of them kind of...I paid less than $400 installed for the set. This time I went with Yokohama Geolandar ATs though, and so far I have no regrets. The Geolandars are exponentially better in the rain, and should we encounter snow this year, I am sure they will handle that better than the Wrangler Radials too.

One thing I didn't really like from the start with the Wrangler Radials was the flimsy feeling sidewalls. They made the truck feel kind of mushy and wallowy handling-wise. The XL sidewall Yokohamas are a night and day difference. I would expect this to be amplified on a probably heavier Explorer.

Wrangler Radials aren't total junk...they will roll, hold air, and perform acceptably in most situations, but you get what you pay for and after 20K, performance degrades quickly (at least it did for me).

Originally Posted By: 01rangerxl
I'd probably try the Patagonias before the Wrangler Radials. They might not be great, but at least the tread pattern isn't from 1980.

I had my Wrangler Radials for two winters of light Alabama snow...nothing like you get in WI as far as amount, but it does get icy here. The Wrangler Radials kind of surprised me (in a good way) in the snow, at least fresh snow, but again this is AL, not WI. I was expecting full on mediocrity too, so the bar was set pretty low.

After almost 30K miles, I couldn't stand the road noise from the Wrangler Radials. They were LOUD on some surfaces. Smooth pavement was actually worse than rough pavement. Also, rain traction went from not very good to flat out horrible. I replaced them before they got to the wear bars.

I got my money out of them kind of...I paid less than $400 installed for the set. This time I went with Yokohama Geolandar ATs though, and so far I have no regrets. The Geolandars are exponentially better in the rain, and should we encounter snow this year, I am sure they will handle that better than the Wrangler Radials too.

One thing I didn't really like from the start with the Wrangler Radials was the flimsy feeling sidewalls. They made the truck feel kind of mushy and wallowy handling-wise. The XL sidewall Yokohamas are a night and day difference. I would expect this to be amplified on a probably heavier Explorer.

Wrangler Radials aren't total junk...they will roll, hold air, and perform acceptably in most situations, but you get what you pay for and after 20K, performance degrades quickly (at least it did for me).

Oh come on! They aren't 30 years old! It's not like they were original equipment tires on Jeeps in the mid 80s or anything ... oh wait ... they were original equipment on mid 80s Jeeps

I kicked around trying the Patagonia.

But when I was able to get Coopers on a "Buy 3, get 1 free", and a $70 Cooper rebate, and a 5% discount for using a store credit card, and 6 months same as cash.... I didn't get the Patagonias.

the good ol 235/75R15's for my 98 explorer.

yeah i know the goodyear wrangler pattern has been around forever.

i just noticed at my local walmart they are now on sale for 75 bucks.

i dunno i'm torn, i'll do some more research etc maybe there will be a sale on some other tires etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back