Who would have guessed Phil Collins....

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's been here in town a bunch of times doing stuff related to the Alamo. It'll be cool to go check out his collection when they figure out how they want to display it all.

Originally Posted By: Rick in PA
That's pretty decent. I never would have guessed him to be an Alamo sort of guy.

+1
You wouldn't think a 6 yr old British kid would give a hoot about what happened in Texas in 1836...

Considering it will take years to raise enough money to build a CENTER for the collection is just incredible.

He must have a huge amount of stuff related to the battle.

Originally Posted By: andrewg
Considering it will take years to raise enough money to build a CENTER for the collection is just incredible.

Ive heard that he might donate the money to build a museum building for the collection.

That museum needs all the help it can get. It gets a huge draw of visitors, but as far as museums go it leaves a lot to be desired.

Originally Posted By: AdRock
Originally Posted By: andrewg

Ive heard that he might donate the money to build a museum building for the collection.

Wow! Really?

Originally Posted By: Mykl
That museum needs all the help it can get. It gets a huge draw of visitors, but as far as museums go it leaves a lot to be desired.

That's a shame....but hopefully likely to change now.
I've never been there, but someday I certainly will.

Originally Posted By: chainblu
Originally Posted By: Rick in PA
That's pretty decent. I never would have guessed him to be an Alamo sort of guy.

+1
You wouldn't think a 6 yr old British kid would give a hoot about what happened in Texas in 1836...

I would imagine he was inspired by the 1950's movie Davy Crockett. It was a big hit in the U.K.

Not surprised about 'Phil' doing something like this. I had a chat with him once, quite by accident, a real nice and super normal guy. I remember leaving thinking "What a nice guy" then having a reality check and thinking 'That was PHIL COLLINS'
33.gif

When I visited the Alamo a few years ago, I spent a lot of time reading the plaques on the walls. I didn't realize how many folks from Europe had perished there.

I wonder if Phil Collins might have had some ancestors that fought and died there? Might explain his interest.

Super nice gesture on his part. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back